with Structured Panorama, the right column is on the left RRS feed

• Question

• When I choose images that were taken with a gigapan and put them into a structured panorama the last image in the source images gets chosen as the first image in the pano, so this throws off the entire image by one column.  Maybe it is something I am doing...any help would be appreciated!

Also a feature that would allow for batch processing of images would be nice.  Something that could be called from the command line. :)

Monday, July 25, 2011 4:24 PM

Answers

• I have been using Structured Panorama to create some panoramas. I quickly found the workaround by remembering a little lesson I learned years ago.

The last file selected in Windows XP gets the focus. If you look carefully, there's a dash rectangle around that last file. It becomes the first file loaded.

So the solution is to select your files in reverse order. If your images are named PICT01 PICT02 PICT03, then select PICT03 first then hold down shift and select PICT01. PICT01 will be loaded first then PICT02 then PICT03.

• Edited by d.vertz Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Matt Uyttendaele Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:57 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:11 AM

All replies

• We've noticed that Windows XP gives the files to ICE in a different order than Windows Vista and Windows 7.  On Windows XP, if you use Shift-Click to select a range of files, then the last file may be given to ICE as the first image.  This does not occur on Windows Vista and Windows 7, where ICE receives the files in the order they are listed.

To get around this problem, first place all the images you want to stitch in a separate folder.  When you're ready to select files in ICE, use the Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut to select all the files in that folder.  ICE should display the files in the same order they appeared in Windows Explorer or the file selection dialog.

Eric Stollnitz, Interactive Visual Media Group, Microsoft Research
    Monday, July 25, 2011 10:15 PM
  • I have been using Structured Panorama to create some panoramas. I quickly found the workaround by remembering a little lesson I learned years ago.

The last file selected in Windows XP gets the focus. If you look carefully, there's a dash rectangle around that last file. It becomes the first file loaded.

So the solution is to select your files in reverse order. If your images are named PICT01 PICT02 PICT03, then select PICT03 first then hold down shift and select PICT01. PICT01 will be loaded first then PICT02 then PICT03.

• Edited by d.vertz Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Matt Uyttendaele Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:57 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:11 AM