Shared Folder Duplication RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using WHS for 2 months now and everything is working fine.  I would like to use the Shared Folder Duplication, but can not find the configuration for it.  I currently have 3 hard drives: 1) for the WHS, 2) for backup of the server, and 3) and extra drive which I would like to use for Folder Duplication.  When I go to the properties of the shared folders, I do not have any verbage to get the Enable Folder Duplication.  Where should I look for the Enable Folder Duplication?  Or is there something I need to do to the 3rd drive?

Night Owl

Friday, March 16, 2012 10:37 PM

Answers

• On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 22:37:51 +0000, Night Owl 7 wrote:

I have been using WHS for 2 months now and everything is working fine.? I would like to use the Shared Folder Duplication, but can not find the configuration for it.? I currently have 3 hard drives: 1) for the WHS, 2) for backup of the server, and 3) and extra drive which I would like to use for Folder Duplication.? When I go to the properties of the shared folders, I do not have any verbage to get the Enable Folder Duplication.? Where should I look for the Enable Folder Duplication?? Or is there something I need to do to the 3rd drive?

That feature is no longer available with WHS 2011 without the use of 3rd
    party software.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.

• Marked as answer by Night Owl 7 Friday, March 16, 2012 11:08 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 10:43 PM

All replies

• I have been using WHS for 2 months now and everything is working fine.  I would like to use the Shared Folder Duplication, but can not find the configuration for it.  I currently have 3 hard drives: 1) for the WHS, 2) for backup of the server, and 3) and extra drive which I would like to use for Folder Duplication.  When I go to the properties of the shared folders, I do not have any verbage to get the Enable Folder Duplication.  Where should I look for the Enable Folder Duplication?  Or is there something I need to do to the 3rd drive?

Night Owl

• Edited by Night Owl 7 Friday, March 16, 2012 10:30 PM
    • Merged by Ken Warren Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:47 AM duplicate thread
    Friday, March 16, 2012 10:28 PM
  • On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 22:37:51 +0000, Night Owl 7 wrote:

I have been using WHS for 2 months now and everything is working fine.? I would like to use the Shared Folder Duplication, but can not find the configuration for it.? I currently have 3 hard drives: 1) for the WHS, 2) for backup of the server, and 3) and extra drive which I would like to use for Folder Duplication.? When I go to the properties of the shared folders, I do not have any verbage to get the Enable Folder Duplication.? Where should I look for the Enable Folder Duplication?? Or is there something I need to do to the 3rd drive?

That feature is no longer available with WHS 2011 without the use of 3rd
    party software.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.

• Marked as answer by Night Owl 7 Friday, March 16, 2012 11:08 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 10:43 PM
  • Ignore this - question already answered!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:36 AM