none
quick campaign not creating emails

Question

• hi

i am using outlook client and when i am trying to create quick campaign for contacts it is creating the quick campaign but no emails are created and sent

the quick campaign status is pending for long time

when i send individual mails the mails are going find, only problem is with the quick campaign not creating emails

is there any problem with my configuration

please help me 

Thanks
    varun kumar
    Friday, October 23, 2009 9:30 AM

Answers

• What worked for me was to rename/delete the C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service\Microsoft.Crm.EmailAgent.xml file and restarting the e-mail router.

There are many different sources for this type of error, but for my client this worked. Other steps I was going to try were:

Restarting the async service was step one.

Some other steps are:

1. viewing the server logs

2. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service - Find the file: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml, then Rename or delete the file. Then start the CRM Email Router Service.

3. installing update rollup 8 newly out which addresses a similar issue with "Pending Send"

4. enabling tracing for both the CRM platform as well as the e-mail router specifically via http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/07/02/crm-4-0-e-mail-connector-logger-tool.aspx

5. inspecting the async tables in CRM and possibly clearing them out using a published query from microsoft

MMayo
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:24 PM

All replies

• You should check the settings under Setting - System Settings - Marketing Tab  in MS CRM

Best Regards Jens Egil Evensen
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:19 AM
  • what should i change there
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:24 AM
  • Check that it has direct email enabled for mail merge.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:30 AM
  • Also try to restart the CRM Asynchronuos Service at server side
    http://crmpro.blogspot.com
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:30 AM
  • yes it is enables

but still facing the same problem
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:34 AM
  • i have restarted the service but still the same problem

quick campaign status is pending

and when i open the quick campaign the emails created list is empty

there are no emails created 
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:37 AM
  • Then you should enable tracing on your crm server and se if any errors are reported. You might also find errors in the windows application event log if the asynchronus service is facing any problems
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:39 AM
  • no errors in the log

the emails are not at all created in the activities, quick campaign emails created list is empty
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:43 AM
  • And no error in the tracelogs either?

Stupid question: Are you sure the contacts you are trying to send to have an email address registered?
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:44 AM
  • email are not at all created......this question should arise when the emails are created

and in my situation all then contacts have email addresses
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:49 AM
  • Even if no email address email wiil be generated.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:53 AM
  • but emails are not generated...........this is the same with even phone calls..........activities are not at all created 
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:54 AM
  • There are any members in marketing list that you were used?
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:55 AM
  • yes there are 10 contacts
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:56 AM
  • Check out the fails in the left nav bar of quick campaign form, there are any emails?

Friday, October 23, 2009 12:15 PM
  • That was not my problem

my problem is......the emails are not at all created

Friday, October 23, 2009 12:45 PM
  • Are you already checked the contacts wich is in marketings list. On Marketings Tab at Contact form email can be restricted.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 1:04 PM
  • emails are not restricted in the marketing................i have checked it
    Monday, November 02, 2009 12:12 PM
  • This did not solve my problem. The email is created but is stuck at pending send. This applies to quick campaigns or direct sends.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 2:35 PM
  • I also have this problem after updating to UR7.

All the contacts allow all types of marketing, Direct Emails work fine.
    When sending a Quick Campaign, It sits on pending and no email activities are created. Also when starting quick campaign I see an OnLoad() Error, but there is no way to add OnLoad functionality to QuickCampaign!

Have you recieved any feeback from MS?

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 5:14 PM
  • and you're both absolutely sure Async Service has been recycled?  When you go to look at system jobs is there anything else wrong?  Is this rollup to server, client or both?
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 5:40 PM
  • For my issue MS Support figured it out. I had only setup ER deployment for my main organization. I never deployed the ER for my secondary organization. My users were all set for the Email Router. If they had been set for the Outlook client, it would be fine. I haven't tested it yet, but it seems the most logical answer.
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 6:55 PM
  • Aysnc runs fine until I attempt to create a Quick Campaign, where the service fails! Then once restarted it will fail every 6mins when trying to process the QC.
    not found: 'Void Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.RetrieveMembersBulkOperationRequest .set_Query(Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Query.QueryBase)'

UR7 has been applied to server, clients and Email Router. SQL Connector is not used.
    Get this OnLoad error when starting a Quick Campaign which doesn't make sense to me, as there is no form to customize for QC! Have checked the Contact form etc also.

"
    Field: window
    Event: Onload
    Error: "crmForm.all.tab2Tab.style is null or not an object"
    Friday, December 11, 2009 3:44 PM
  • What worked for me was to rename/delete the C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service\Microsoft.Crm.EmailAgent.xml file and restarting the e-mail router.

There are many different sources for this type of error, but for my client this worked. Other steps I was going to try were:

Restarting the async service was step one.

Some other steps are:

1. viewing the server logs

2. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service - Find the file: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml, then Rename or delete the file. Then start the CRM Email Router Service.

3. installing update rollup 8 newly out which addresses a similar issue with "Pending Send"

4. enabling tracing for both the CRM platform as well as the e-mail router specifically via http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/07/02/crm-4-0-e-mail-connector-logger-tool.aspx

5. inspecting the async tables in CRM and possibly clearing them out using a published query from microsoft

MMayo
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:24 PM
  • I'm having the same problem.  I only have one orginization and the email router is working great for it.  All quick campaigns remain in pending state and no activities are created.  Any ideas?
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:29 PM
  • I've been working through this with some of the MS Support Team.
    So far we've tried reregistering Assemblies but this has not resolved the problem - Has anyone been able to resolve?
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:56 PM
  • I finally got it to work.  I had to completely uninstall CRM and then reinstall it.  After you install it again install rollup 7.  That did the trick for me.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 5:39 PM
  • I finally got it to work.  I had to completely uninstall CRM and then reinstall it.  After you install it again install rollup 7.  That did the trick for me.
    Flattening CRM seems a bit harsh! 

Looks from the thread to be an RU7 issue - any body got a resolution other than a rebuild?

I've looked through RU8 and although there are lots (and I mean lots!) of references to actvities not being created this specific issue (RU7 + no activities created for Campaigns or Quick Campaigns created). Any body applied for this problem?

Jules

When ideas fail, words come in very handy - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 12:33 PM
  • Hi Jules,

I finally got to the bottom of this one with some time spent with MS CRM Support.

I did try installing UR8, unfortunately this didn't resolve. Also flattening it and reinstalling proved timely and ultimately didn't resolve the issue!!
    The issue was that the UR was unable to update a number of the .dlls used (Located in the C:\Windows\assembly folder).

After installing UR8 most of the Assemblies should have a version 4.1.7309.2542.
    Those that are bought in from the CRM SDK should be 4.1.7309.2140 (Latest SDK).

My issue was caused by the UR8 install not updating these assemblies. So we had to update them manually:
    - Stop IIS website
    - Stop W3 Service
    - Stop Async

Navigate to to C:\Windows\assembly right click the ones with the wrong version and uninstall.
    Then copy the newest version .dlls from the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup into this folder. Restart all of the services and Bingo! Job Done :)

In my case my error was not found: 'Void Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.RetrieveMembersBulkOperationRequest .set_Query(Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Query.QueryBase)'
    Which was caused by the outdated Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy being of the wrong version.

Additonal Note:
    With MS Support, we found that some of the assemblies couldn't be uninstalled, even after stopping the website and services. So we had to remove them from the Global folder in the Registry, before uninstalling them from C:\Windows\assembly and dragging in the new versions.

- You can check .dll assembly versions using the CRMServerDiagOutput obtained from the CRMDiagTool4.

Hope this helps someone!
    • Proposed as answer by Oli Ward Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:44 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:44 PM
  • Where is the global folder in the registry?

Smarthost Design Technologies LLC
    Monday, August 30, 2010 9:39 PM