none
multiple folder pairs RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo!

I try to discripe me situation:
    I have a workstation and a notebook which I use when I am out of office. Actuelly I sync my files with Sync Toy 2.0 via the LAN and both computers have installed Windows XP with SP3.
    Now I have registried to Dropbox which is an online storage. It could be useful to save my datas on this storage. My idea is to also use Sync Toy for this because it is  much faster to only save the changes and new files. Another advantage of Dropbox is that I have access to the datas from both computers and only one of them must be running.

So would have to options to sync my that first via LAN (very fast) or by Dropbox (which is coexistent a backup and I also have a web-access from other computers ).
    So I need following folder pairs:
    Notebook <--> Workstation
    Notebook <--> Dropbox
    Workstation <--> Dropbox
    So I have multiple folder pairs also one folder (e.g. at the notebook) to two others (e.g. Workstation, Dropbox).

Can I get any problems with this configuration or data loss?

Tia
    SeeSharp

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:45 PM

All replies

• Thanks SeeSharp for selecting Synctoy as your files syncing tool.
    I think synctoy could fill your requirement, and one real folder in different folder pairs should be ok too. Just if  you want to keep three of them completely syncing, configure folder pairs option as Synchronize, any changes later would overwrite others when you run syncing.

If you have more complex requirement, you can combine the folder pairs options with Synchronize/Echo/Contribute, and before your real run, just do a small try in case any data lost.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:44 AM