locked
CRM Update Rollup RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I did the updaterollup 1,2,3 on our CRM server yesterday. Before I did it , I exported all the customizations. Once the CRM update is done I imported the customizations back again. I did the updates on the clint machienes as well. But from this morning on one clint there is a error popping up when he tries to save a task. for example when he adds a new or modifys the existing content of a task and error comes up as "the user does not have permison to do this task" . But once I give a restart to the CRM server it doesnt come up. But after a while it does... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:43 AM

Answers

  • Saxons,

    Note that you should not have imported the customizations mixing and matching rollups. I don't think that this is the origin of the problem you are experiencing, but in theory you are at risk by doing so.

    If you export customizations and then apply a rollup, you cannot import that customization file anymore, it is explicitly forbidden in the release notes of the rollups.

    I have still to see a documented case in which this caused a problem, but for the future...
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:17 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Update Rollup 3 includes the updates from 1 and 2 so you only need to install the latest.  However, since the issue is related to only one client machine, chances are that there is something associated with the user profile, the user's Active Directory profile or the user machine that is causing the issue, or possibly the user's security role.

    I would probably start by configuring the Outlook Client again just to ensure it is working as expected.
    Check the machine event viewer to see if there are any error messages.
    Give the user a Security Role that is working for others.  If the user's security role was customized, make a copy of a default security role, modify it so it has the rights you want to give the user and assign that to the user to see if that corrects the issue.
    Add the CRM URL to the Intranet sites by going to Tools, Options, Security, Intranet (Intranet not Internet)
    Ensure the user's machine has all the latest Microsoft Office and Operating System updates by going to the Windows Update site.

    Try the above steps and see if any of them work to correct the issue.


    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:25 AM
  • Saxons,

    Note that you should not have imported the customizations mixing and matching rollups. I don't think that this is the origin of the problem you are experiencing, but in theory you are at risk by doing so.

    If you export customizations and then apply a rollup, you cannot import that customization file anymore, it is explicitly forbidden in the release notes of the rollups.

    I have still to see a documented case in which this caused a problem, but for the future...
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:17 AM
  • Good catch, I glazed over that piece of information in the original post!
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:58 PM