A few suggestions RRS feed

• General discussion

• I use the Samsung Omnia with WinMo 6.1, great phone.  I prefer Windows over Mac any and every day, so for me this is the iPhone killer.  Junked my iPod cause I dont need it no more.   This phone is loaded with goodies.  Google maps with GPS is amazing, real time traffic too.   I even check out traffic cams online before I hit the road.  Weather Bug direct is also very useful.  However there are a few things I would change.  For one thing, I would like to edit the widgetbar, you cant edit the widgetbar so I disabled it.  I dont like what I cant control. (ehem, iPods, Macs)  Secondly, during a call the screen locks making it difficult to enter numbers with a automated system.  I would also like to be able to record a voice call, my old (non WM6.1)Samsung phone had a "record call" feature.  Then there's IE mobile, its not bad but scrolling is not easy, Opera is only a little better.   Lastly, I would like to see the "today screen" gone.  It should be more like your desktop in XP or Vista.  Where you have a desktop that you can put icons, files, pics, vids, programs, shortcuts whatever to access easily.  Also, is it true that Windows mobile will not be recieving any more updates or upgrades?  Something I read but not sure where... Well thats my two cents, Peace!!
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:32 AM