What is the Internal Use Rights software licence? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

I have some questions about the Microsoft Partner Network, I am looking at the Silver or Gold partnership options for our company and I don't really understand what 'Internal Use Rights' software licence is.

Could anyone tell me which software is available using this licence? Is Access and Sql Server 2012 / 2014 available?

If we became a Silver or Gold partner, is it ok for us to install MS SQL server 2014 on our server which hosts our websites? E.G. if we have databases on that copy of MS SQL Server and these are being used by publicly available websites that we make for our clients, is that within the terms of the licence? 

Also, am I right in thinking we can install Microsoft Office on all our office computers and use this internally for writing letters documents etc, for general business use. (I am assuming this is fine but just checking.) ? 

Also, can we intstall MS SQL server 2014 without having a previous version of SQL Server to upgrade from? 

I have tried to phone Microsoft but there was a long wait so I thought I would try the forums.

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:37 PM off topic
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:46 AM

Answers

• This isn't the place to get Partner Network Questions answered CB_1199.  Try the "Join the Conversation" option on this page: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/become-a-partner

Moving to off topic, but I will still monitor this thread so feel free to reply if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, May 15, 2015 2:45 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:37 PM