incident resolved by - how to query? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I need to create a view of resolved incidents that includes a field that shows who resolved the incident.  Can you tell me where this data is stored?  I didn't see a column that seemed to match this purpose in the incident table.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no native Resolved By field. It is typically the Modified By person of the Case record when the case is closed. You could consider adding Modified By attribute to the Resolved Cases view.

Ronald

Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to Ronald's answer, when a case become resolved, all of the fields on the form became read-only. Hence, no changes could be made after that. So, if you put the modified by field in your view you could find out the user resolved the case.

P.S.: There is a condition which a case may be resolved and reopened multiple times. In these cases, to find out the users resolved the case you should create a SSRS report and put a join between incident and audit base tables.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no native Resolved By field. It is typically the Modified By person of the Case record when the case is closed. You could consider adding Modified By attribute to the Resolved Cases view.

Ronald

Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to Ronald's answer, when a case become resolved, all of the fields on the form became read-only. Hence, no changes could be made after that. So, if you put the modified by field in your view you could find out the user resolved the case.

P.S.: There is a condition which a case may be resolved and reopened multiple times. In these cases, to find out the users resolved the case you should create a SSRS report and put a join between incident and audit base tables.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:52 PM