... pocket pc security settings RRS feed

• Question

• I get the error "Some content cannot be displayed due to the pocket pc security settings". Where do i change the said settings? This error is aperantly generated by pocket IE and it shows when the program arrives at the sign in page for live mesh. It shows up so quick i do not have time to type my credientials and sign in. The program then closes. 

Im a pretty advanced user so if there is anything i can do on my end to my device to get it working i would be more then happy to mess with my phone.

-Att tilt with stock att winmo6.1 rom
    Friday, October 31, 2008 6:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Nexus,

There are two ways you can disable that warning permanently.
    1. The warning itself has a checkbox which says something to the effect of "In the future, do not show this message". Check this and press "Ok" and it shouldn't popup again.
    2. Go to PIE->Menu->Tools->Options->Security and unckeck "Warn when page content is blocked due to security settings".

However, in case you just want to proceed without disabling the warning, you can simply click "Ok" on that dialog and you will see the login page again.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Friday, October 31, 2008 4:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Nexus,

There are two ways you can disable that warning permanently.
    1. The warning itself has a checkbox which says something to the effect of "In the future, do not show this message". Check this and press "Ok" and it shouldn't popup again.
    2. Go to PIE->Menu->Tools->Options->Security and unckeck "Warn when page content is blocked due to security settings".

However, in case you just want to proceed without disabling the warning, you can simply click "Ok" on that dialog and you will see the login page again.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Friday, October 31, 2008 4:55 PM
  • no actually that does not help. it seems that that just hides the warning but doesnt fix the problem and IE forces Live mesh to close because (it would seem, maybe im wrong) that your just making the warning disapear but the security measure is still enforced, what im going to need to do (IMO, with help) is get to the root and lower this built in security.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 10:45 PM
  • Hi Nexus,

The problem requires investigation on our part before I can give you a clear resolution of the problem.

PIE certainly isn't to blame here, but rather the Mesh client is. Mesh is shutting down (or crashing) just when it reaches the signin page. There are various reasons as to why this would happen, but it would help to see your logs to be sure.

Could you check how much free program memory (RAM) your device has? This can be done in Start->Settings->System->Memory. Low RAM makes WM ask the Mesh client to kill itself.

In case you have sufficient RAM (about 3 MB), then it would be helpful if you can send us the logs as described in this thread:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/thread/6e677966-3e30-4c6e-aa65-0998fc5ce632

We shall try and get you unblocked as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Monday, November 3, 2008 10:08 PM
  • I have also seen this message on my smartphone. What is this program doing with PIE that raises this error?
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:30 AM
  • actually come to find out i found a work around of sorts, but it still doesnt allow me to use live mesh mobile. Turns out if i disable the cellular radio (to prevent it from connecting to 3g or edge (att media net in this case)) and have the wifi turned off (att tilt) i can fill in my username and password credientials after accepting the security settings message. Problem is Live mesh will still 'close out'/crash as it has done before. If its worth noting the crash also prevents my username and password from being stored (with all 3 checkboxes ticked) getting me nowhere. However I will send the logs as well. Just thought i would update you on my developments.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:47 AM
  • Log files recieved and passed on to the Mobile development team.

Thanks!

Tim
    Program Manager | Live Mesh
    Friday, November 7, 2008 12:29 AM
  • Hello.

Has anyone solve this? I'm still getting this problem on a htc touch ro running windows mobile 6

thanks.
    Luis Abreu
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:10 PM
  • Hi, Luis. Apparently the HTC Touch has problems with Live Mesh.
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/thread/03ddf509-ae74-45f4-83dc-b785119c2f55

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/thread/68a60806-e55e-44bf-99d0-f20f23e87264

Both of those threads have numerous reports of issues with this line.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:33 AM
  • Hello Stephen...

actually, I've managed to solve it by uninstalling and installing it again. Not sure on what happened, but the truth is that it started working...
    Luis Abreu
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:37 AM
  • Glad to read that, Luis. Apparently, your problem was different than the ones highlighted in the other threads for the HTC Touch series.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:09 PM
  • I am getting the same message accessing http://books.google.com/m . I would like to reiterate the question, where does one modify the "pc security settings"?
    Friday, August 28, 2009 4:39 PM
  • I am getting the same message accessing http://books.google.com/m . I would like to reiterate the question, where does one modify the "pc security settings"?

Even though your question is off topic for this forum, the answer is in an earlier post:

You can get more help with Windows Mobile here:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsmobile/

-steve

Friday, August 28, 2009 6:25 PM