Setting sound volume programatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I wanted to access the sound setting of a powerpoint 2007 slide and set the volume to High/Medium/Low/Mute from my code c#/vb.net. Is there any way for accomplicing the task?

Need your help.

Thanks
    SN Zeih ZeZen
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Monday, April 20, 2009 7:58 AM not part of the VSTO technology
    Monday, April 20, 2009 7:28 AM

Answers

• Your question is off-topic for the VSTO forum. If you think control of the sound is part of the PowerPoint object model, then please ask in the PowerPointnewsgroup. You'll find a link in the forum's Please Read First message. I find nothing in the object model, however, that indicates PowerPoint controls the volume, itself, rather than relying on Windows.

If what you're really asking is how to set the sound in Windows, then it appears you need to write code specific to the OS involved. I find, for example, this page in the MSDN documentation. There's also a forum specific for media development in Vista.

Therefore, I'm going to move this question to the "Where is the Forum for..." forum for redirection to a venue that discusses how to adjust the system volume for the Windows OS.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by SN Ngaihte Monday, April 20, 2009 10:23 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for the post.  Unfortunately there is not a current forum to post the question. I would suggest posting your question in one of the MSDN > Forums Home > Audio and Video Development > Media Foundation Development  located here: 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mediafoundationdevelopment/threads

Hope this helps you.

Have a great day!

• Proposed as answer by Tagore Bandlamudi Monday, April 20, 2009 9:27 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:27 AM

All replies

• Your question is off-topic for the VSTO forum. If you think control of the sound is part of the PowerPoint object model, then please ask in the PowerPointnewsgroup. You'll find a link in the forum's Please Read First message. I find nothing in the object model, however, that indicates PowerPoint controls the volume, itself, rather than relying on Windows.

If what you're really asking is how to set the sound in Windows, then it appears you need to write code specific to the OS involved. I find, for example, this page in the MSDN documentation. There's also a forum specific for media development in Vista.

Therefore, I'm going to move this question to the "Where is the Forum for..." forum for redirection to a venue that discusses how to adjust the system volume for the Windows OS.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Monday, April 20, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for the post.  Unfortunately there is not a current forum to post the question. I would suggest posting your question in one of the MSDN > Forums Home > Audio and Video Development > Media Foundation Development  located here: 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mediafoundationdevelopment/threads

Hope this helps you.

Have a great day!

• Proposed as answer by Tagore Bandlamudi Monday, April 20, 2009 9:27 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:27 AM