none
150 dollars for a Download Disc?? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Yes, I have a bug to report and it is up where the sun don't shine. Had to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Ultimate to be able to do the practice exams for a certification I am working towards. So I pay my $159.00, get my DVD, put it in the DVD drive and low and behold the DVD is nothing but a tool to download all the upgrade files from the Microsoft site. So now instead of an hour or so to upgrade you are talking 3 or 4 hours for all the files to download. And why do I feel ripped off for paying $159.00 for a piece of plastic? What if I needed some files off of the disc later? It seems that it would be cheaper since Mircosoft did not have to burn files to every DVD to upgrade...ok Microsoft keep it up, Linux is breathing down your neck. As Bill Gates said in the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley, success makes you lazy and arrogant. You may have happen to you what you did to Apple..

Not unsatisfied but disgruntled customer.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 6:48 PM

All replies

• This forum is actually for bug reports on the forum software itself (the application that you used to post your beef).  Not that we don't care - we're just the wrong people to talk to.  On the whole, the MSDN forums are programming forums, so you're probably best expressing your frustration elsewhere.
    Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogspot.com
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 4:15 AM
  • Yea, you are right...... The complaint section about MS products would be huge, but as a Linux, MS dual and sometimes triple booter the Linux complaints are endless. No different really, (except) hackers love MS, afterall why pay attention to an OS with a small market share...... But, that being said, I would just puke in disgust being known to use Apple any thing. I can not find one program I have ever paid for, oher than MS- 3.1, '95, '98, XP....... ever...... try that with that low life sh*t for brain azz Unix sh*t, that will not even load onto hardware, unless of couse it is an outdated piece of crud embedded with Apple code...... F*ck Apple for doing that to Unix, and to all consumers. MS, no limitations....... just buy the OS once, every thing is FREE and runs ust fine on crud and fast hardware of choice. Oh, about your $159.00 ... horrible...... should have been a 25 cent cost, the disk........at most.......
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 4:21 PM