Qalifying leads to opportunities - activities not converting RRS feed

• Question

• Using CRM 2011, How can I get my notes and activities in my leads to copy over to the oppurtunity, when I qualify?
    Monday, August 1, 2011 3:47 PM

Answers

• Activities should be in the Closed Activities list when you have Opportunities set to "Regarding Entities".  If they're not, that's definitely it's own issue.

Notes DO NOT copy from record to record.  For notes, there are a few things you can do:

1. don't use Notes for items that need to pass from record to record.
    2. Teach users to use the "Originating Lead" button to look at Notes older Notes still on the Lead.
    3. Write a plugin that copies all the notes from th eLead to the Opportunity during the conversion process.

My order of preference is the first, and then the third.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    Monday, August 1, 2011 4:21 PM

All replies

• Activities should be in the Closed Activities list when you have Opportunities set to "Regarding Entities".  If they're not, that's definitely it's own issue.

Notes DO NOT copy from record to record.  For notes, there are a few things you can do:

1. don't use Notes for items that need to pass from record to record.
    2. Teach users to use the "Originating Lead" button to look at Notes older Notes still on the Lead.
    3. Write a plugin that copies all the notes from th eLead to the Opportunity during the conversion process.

My order of preference is the first, and then the third.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    Monday, August 1, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Thanks, this really helped!
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 10:57 AM