none
How to open "Slide Presentation" downloaded from Microsoft Virtual Academy Module? RRS feed

• Question

• I take this Azure Class
    http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/windows-azure-web-sites-deep-dive-jump-start

I have downloaded the Slide Presentation associated with the module.
    How do I open the Slide Presentation? It's not in .ppt or .pptx format.. All I got are .xml files

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:34 AM

Answers

• Problem solved!

I meant a .zip file, and then I extracted it into a folder containing xmls.. I should have just opened it directly with powerpoint.

Thanks anyway!
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hi, Freddy.

Actually, each module offers a *.pptx file for download.

First, click one of the plus signs (+) to expand a module.

Next, click the link reading Slide Presentation.

I noticed that when I did this the first time in Internet Explorer 11, it gave me a warning at the bottom of the screen stating that Internet Explorer blocked a pop-up from www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com.

It also gave me the option to Allow once or set the options permanently for this site. 

Once I enabled pop-ups for the site, I was able to download each of the *.pptx files for each module.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:42 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello Davin,
    thanks for the response,
    actually that's not what I meant, I had downloaded the slide presentation before.

My problem is that the content of the downloaded items are all in .xml, there is no .pptx. What to do about it?

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:22 AM
  • If you do not have Microsoft Office installed, you can download and install the free PowerPoint Viewer utility here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13

Alternately, Microsoft PowerPoint is automatically included when you buy and install Microsoft Office.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:56 AM
    Answerer
  • I have MS Powerpoint already.
    The problem is that the Slide Presentation comes in a folder, and the contents of it are all .xml files.. There are no .pptx files at all

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:08 AM
  • You cannot right-click the link reading Slide Presentation. You must left-click the link. It should then prompt you about the .PPTX file.

Hmm... maybe you should try another web browser -  like Chrome or Firefox.

It is impossible to download a folder from the web. You can only download files.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Problem solved!

I meant a .zip file, and then I extracted it into a folder containing xmls.. I should have just opened it directly with powerpoint.

Thanks anyway!
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:33 AM