Upgrade to CRM 2011 from 4.0 reports problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using a CRM 2011, UR 5 and I am trying to upgrade a database from CRM 4.0.

The import organization wizard runs a couple of times until it shows the followin error(here is just a line):

-   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ImportOrganizationInstaller.ImportAndUpgrade(OrganizationInfo organizationInfo) ---> System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ProvisionOrganizationLanguagesAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Parent report already links to another report with the same name.

After seeing that error I found that there were duplicated reports on the reporting services server(http://urlserver/Reports, shared reports), I removed them and apparently the error has dissapear.
    When I try to import the organization again the previos erro has dissapear but there is a new one when the wizard tries to publish the reports:
         -Publishing report failed.
        Could not publish report 'Top Knowledge Base Articles' due to following error: An error has occured while trying to ad the report to microsoft dynamic CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem persists contact your system administrator.
          Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'
    The request filed with the error message:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException'

What I have seen is that the report is working in other organizations on the same server and I believe that they all user the same report so I don´t understand why it is failing.

Any ideas of what can I do with that error?

Regards

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:10 PM

All replies

• From the exception detail it looks like either the CRM server or the Reporting Services server is running out of memory. Did you check the task manager, performance tab? How many RAM do you have on the servers?

Regards,
    Damian Sinay
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:00 PM
  • The server have 4G RAM, but anyways for me it seems like the error is in that line.

" Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'."

Here is the detailed error.

Web service request SetDataSourceContents to Report Server http://crm-2011/reportserver/ReportService2005.asmx failed. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

The request failed with the error message:

--

<html>

<head>

<title>Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.</title>

<style>

body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 

p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}

b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}

H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }

H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }

pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}

.marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}

.version {color: gray;}

.error {margin-bottom: 10px;}

.expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

</style>

</head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<span><H1>Server Error in '/ReportServer' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>

<h2> <i>Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.</i> </h2></span>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">

<b> Description: </b>An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

<br><br>

<b> Exception Details: </b>System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.<br><br>

<b>Source Error:</b> <br><br>

<table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">

<tr>

<td>

<code>

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<b>Stack Trace:</b> <br><br>

<table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">

<tr>

<td>

<code><pre>

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]

Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read147_SetDataSourceContents() +0

Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer144.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader) +46

System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) +1033

System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle) +163

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters() +437047

System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.CoreProcessRequest() +404309

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SyncSessionlessHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +160

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

</pre></code>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>

<b>Version Information:</b> Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5444; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

</font>

</body>

</html>

<!-- 

[OutOfMemoryException]: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read147_SetDataSourceContents()

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer144.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.CoreProcessRequest()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SyncSessionlessHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

-->

Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

I have similar issue with different report.

After some investigation I fixed that error.

My steps were:

1. Error dialog showed the failed sub-report - in my case Products by Account - detail.
    2. Edit that report definition in CRM 2011 - simple erase field Parent report.
    3. Click in srs install - retry.
    4. The srs install will try to publish all reports from the beginning - but will not stop on your report anymore.

What surprised me. After srs install finished I try to reedit failed report. But field parent report was properly set and the parent report worked.

Hope it will help others in 4.0 to 2011 migration.

Jiri

Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:58 AM