Sharepoint Learning Kit help RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get this working with sharepoint learning kit, however no success...

I saved the course and then zipped the folder called 'course', then uploaded to sharepoint and assigned it to someone, however it doesnt work, zip file comes up as "do you want to save..."

I think its to do with language, LCDS works with US English and I'm using English United Kingdom computer
    http://www.newquayfood.co.uk
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:55 AM

Answers

• First open the coursmap, then select all, then zip the content. This should work.
    • Marked as answer by V Longacre Monday, October 27, 2008 6:28 PM
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:35 AM

All replies

• I have the exact same problem. I have Sharepoint in English (US) and with LCDS I make a course. If the course is empty SLK works fine, but when I add questions or content IE tries to download the zip file.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Agustín
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:58 PM
  • First open the coursmap, then select all, then zip the content. This should work.
    • Marked as answer by V Longacre Monday, October 27, 2008 6:28 PM
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:35 AM
  • Ive found that if you use the Compression application shipped with XP/Vista the SCORM file won't function correctly.

However if you use 7zip to create the SCORM file it should work fine with SLK.

James
    Friday, July 18, 2008 9:12 AM
  • Hi,

Could you be a bit more specific re how to make this work. I'm having the same problems with zipped LCDS just offering to save within SLK.

Regards
    Mandy
    • Edited by Mandy Goss Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:39 AM more detail
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:38 AM
  • Hello Mandy,

The documentation for the LCDS is a little sketchy on this point, essentially, you need to do the following:

- Navigate to your class folder directory, for most folks using LCDS this would be - C:\program files\microsoft\learning\lcdsc\courses

- From this location continue to navigate down the directory tree to get to the course you want to upload into the SPLK, for example, if you wanted to upload the sample course "Silverlight" you would open the Silverlight folder, so that your directory path now looks like this - C:\program files\microsoft\learning\lcdsc\courses\silverlight

- You're almost there!  Next, and this is the part it took me a while to figure out, you actually need to navigate down one level folder to the files under the "course" folder, so that your directory path now looks like this - C:\program files\microsoft\learning\lcdsc\courses\silverlight\course

- You should see all the course files in the right window pane of Windows Explorer, select all those files using CTRL + A, and then right click on your selected files to bring up the floating Windows Explorer file action menu.  From this menu choose to create a new Zip file using whatever zip tool you have (I highly recommend 7 Zip) and you have created a SCROM deployment package!

- Finally load this package to your SharePoint Learning Kit, and it should work as you expect.

Please LMK if you have any further issues or questions.

Tom Molskow
    Senior SharePoint Architect

Sunday, December 13, 2009 10:56 PM