Import local custom fields into Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I imported a schedule from MS Project 2007 into Project Server 2007 that contained several local custom fields.  The values in some of the fields did not import completely.  In one case, there were values assigned to both summary and detail level tasks but the import only brought over the values at the summary level.  Has this been reported before?  Is there a fix?
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:34 PM

Answers

• there could be multiple reason for value disappearing, was it a formula based custom field? in that case values will be lost other could be there might be Ent. custom field with same name already there in Enterprise, there could be a Custom code  running in background in Ent. Global  which might impact

By the Way could you check on the above and let us know the process you used for importing

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:58 PM

All replies

• there could be multiple reason for value disappearing, was it a formula based custom field? in that case values will be lost other could be there might be Ent. custom field with same name already there in Enterprise, there could be a Custom code  running in background in Ent. Global  which might impact

By the Way could you check on the above and let us know the process you used for importing

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:58 PM
  • I am having this same issue.  We are using several local custom fields, many with formulas, a few with lookup tables.  When I import my project from ProjPro 2007 to the server, everything appears fine until I close, check-in, and re-open the file - Many of the fields are then set to lookup tables with null values and therefore all of my data is gone.  I have SP 3 installed for both the server and the desktop client.  I do not yet want to migrate all of our local custom fields over to enterprise fields.  Any solutions?  Are there some hidden settings / hotfixes I'm missing?  This seems to be a serious issue.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:14 PM