• Question

•  

I need to create some  keys in windows 2008 cluster registry,

I want to know the keys that can be replaced for

FileShare,

CurrentDirectory,

CommandLine and

Remark

Anyone knows  please guide me.Waiting for ur suggestions.

Monday, April 14, 2008 1:07 PM

Answers

• If you need to add these registry keys to number of nodes, then you can use "clusrun" to do this.

clusrun powershell -command new-item -Name TestKey -value "test2" -ItemType string -Path HKLM:\software

The command above adds a new TestKey registry value to HKLM:\software registry on all nodes. (I only know how to do registry in PowerShell so I called PowerShell executable to do my PowerShell commands)

If it's an existing registry key, you can use Set-Item to change its setting.

Hope this is what you want.

Christina

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:14 AM

All replies

•  

i need to create the following registry keys in windows 2008 cluster registry.

The keys are :

CurrentDirectory

Preffered Owners

PossibleOwners

File Share

IDS Virtual root

Share Name

Remark

CommandLine

Directory

Alias

RegistryKeyName

EnableFlag and DependsonResource 

Anyone knows please guide me.

Thank you..

Arun-LNT
    Monday, April 14, 2008 1:00 PM
  • I'm curious on what you want to use these values for. Is it to be used by the jobs executed on the cluster? If it is, we have environment variables for this.

You can set these environment variable using:

Set-HpcClusterProperty -Environment "Fileshare=\\share\temp"

Cheers,

Christina

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:50 AM
  • Thank you Christina.

Actually we are engaged in a project based under Windows Server 2008, For that, in cluster registry, we need to fix the missing keys. That's why...

Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:41 PM
  • If you need to add these registry keys to number of nodes, then you can use "clusrun" to do this.

clusrun powershell -command new-item -Name TestKey -value "test2" -ItemType string -Path HKLM:\software

The command above adds a new TestKey registry value to HKLM:\software registry on all nodes. (I only know how to do registry in PowerShell so I called PowerShell executable to do my PowerShell commands)

If it's an existing registry key, you can use Set-Item to change its setting.

Hope this is what you want.

Christina

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:14 AM