"24/7" WL1Care is messed up and 'no one home' over the weekend to help. RRS feed

• Question

• On Friday, the Firewall got mysteriously turnd off (no by me); Firewall Repair was downloaded and run, so firewall  is now working - but now  both the  Virus Protection and  Spyware & othe Malware protection  were turned off Saturday and Sunday so  I turned on my   Wiindows Defender. Trying to turn on the sup[posedly 24/7 protection, the popup says  CANNOT CHANGE VIRUS AND SPYWARE PROTECTION (yellow triangle)... contact support.  Ha, try contacting  support on weekends! There's also something about  admin. privilieges. Since I am the only one using my pc, this barrier is nonsense. I should be able access whatever is blocked.

I am extremely disappointed in this misnamed Care. Please help.

Monday, February 4, 2008 10:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Moderator, I have an  email alert "startup has replies but not marked as answers". When I go to  my post, there are no replies. What do I do with this, please?

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:08 PM
  • There are no replies yet, so you won't get the alert. And even then, alerts can be flaky.

Try this tool for the virus and spyware not starting problem (after turning off Defender once again) 

Virus and Spyware repair tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2667445&SiteID=2

And if that does not work, please contact support (which is 24x7 via email, but it can take 24 hours for a response)

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Monday, February 4, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Sorry, I misread your post regarding replies and alerts.

The forum software wants you to review your post and any replies to check if there is an answer and asks you to mark the post as an answer. Most people don't do this.

Most of the forums in the MSDN environment are for developers, but the OneCare forum is not. So, to simplify tracking the forum threads, we mark threads answered when a reply is made that contains the answer - even if that answer (such as my previous reply to this thread) advises that the solution requires that you should contact support for help. You can ignore the forum alerts asking you to mark a thread you started as answered, especially when no answer was provided.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 3:59 PM