OCS 2007 and Windows messenger 5.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have MS Windows Messenger 5.1.0715 ver to communicate with OCS 2007. but its not working when two or more user use MS windows Messenger 5.10715. Means if there are three uses A--> Windows Messenger 5.1, B--> Windows Messenger 5.1, C--> OC 2007. this scenario there is A and C communicate properly , B and C working good but B and C not working fine. B and C not online in messenger window each other.

how to solve this problem...??
    Thanks in advance.

Dhaval bhavsaR.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 11:52 AM

All replies

• You can typically not establish mulitple-party chat sessions with non-OC clients.  You'll see the same behavior if communicating with a single PIC users (like Yahoo) and try to invite a third party from using ANY client (e.g. OC, AIM, MSN, etc) as that conversation is kicked up to the Web Conferencing services and only native OC clients and users are supported in that scenario.  I have not used the Windows Live client for this, but I'm assuming it following the same behavior as PIC cleints (which are all using their own native end-point).
    Friday, September 26, 2008 1:19 PM
  • You should be aware that WM 5.1 is not a supported client with OCS in general:

The following clients are supported for users who are homed on Office Communications Server 2007:

·         Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 only for IM and legacy presence

·         Microsoft Office Communicator 2007

·         Office Live Meeting 2007 client for Web conferencing

·         Conferencing Add-In for Microsoft Outlook 2002, 2003, and 2007

·         Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access (2005 release) only for IM and legacy presence

·         Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access (2007 release)

Windows Messenger 5.1 and Communicator Mobile (2005 release) are not supported by Office Communications Server 2007.

Friday, September 26, 2008 3:12 PM
  • One important note to add is that those two clients only work if Enhanced Presence is NOT enabled on the user's account.  Once it is enabled (which can't normally be reversed) then only the OC 2007 client will work with the account.

Friday, September 26, 2008 4:39 PM