none
add ado.net entity data model wizard not working for ORACLE

Question

• I have successfully installed and configured the "Entity Frame work", "Oracle Manage Data Access", and "Oracle Managed Data entity Framework". I am using Visual Studio 2013 Premium with a WPF project. I am using ORACLE 11g.

When I right click and choose Add, then choose New, then choose DATA ADO.NET entity data model, I get prompted for a data source to use (this was created in the server window and connects to the database with no problem), I choose the data source and then click next and a window appears saying "Choose your data connection".  The window then vanishes with no error messages and no model created.

I have tried doing a repair but this does not solve the problem.

thanks

Jim

• Moved by Caillen Monday, March 23, 2015 4:10 AM
    Friday, March 20, 2015 1:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jim,

Thank you for visiting MSDN forums.

Your question seems about Oracle driver for .Net Framework, please firstly determine if you have the supported development requirement, e.g. OS/VS/.Net Framework version.

Since this is not the correct forum, I move it to [where is this forum for...] forum where the moderator may direct you to the right place.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 23, 2015 4:10 AM
  • Might try them over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=adodotnetentityframework

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, March 23, 2015 9:34 AM
  • Where did you move it to ?

It says

Since this is not the correct forum, I move it to [where is this forum for...] forum

What forum did you move it to ? Could you give me the name.

thanks

Jim

James Sarniak

Monday, March 23, 2015 3:44 PM
  • Where did you move it to ?

It says

Since this is not the correct forum, I move it to [where is this forum for...] forum

What forum did you move it to ? Could you give me the name.

thanks

Jim

James Sarniak

The name of this forum is 'Where is the Forum For...?'. Check out the forum in Dave's link, that should be a good place to repost your question.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,225+ strong and growing)

Monday, March 23, 2015 3:51 PM