none
Intro to Unity, or a Unity quick start guide? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been developing a game with Unity, and I'd like to deploy it to my xbox one.

I've been following the "getting started with UWP app development on Xbox One" guide on setting up my console for development, but when it gets to the spot where it talks about pushing my game to the console, it talks about developing one from code in Visual Studio.  But I'm not developing it in Visual Studio, I'm developing it in Unity.

I remember when this feature first debuted, I saw a tutorial video from Microsoft where they showed a guy deploy a game that he expressly stated he made in Unity, and it had the "Made in Unity" splash screen and everything.  But I can't find this video anywhere.

Is there a guide of some sort to walk me through the process?  Because I would expect there to be one, but the only one I found was one talking about making a mixed reality app.  I'm not doing some VR experience thing, just a normal game.  Is there a guide for deploying my regular Unity game onto my xbox one?
    • Moved by Breeze Liu Wednesday, December 27, 2017 1:50 AM off topic
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi The Immortal Caleb Child

Your problem is more related to Unity. You are looking for a guide line to develop a game with Unity. It is out of the scope of UWP Forum where developers discuss writing Universal Windows Apps. I suggest that you might need to go to the official site of the Unity for some tutorials.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 1:57 AM
  • I'm not talking about developing a game with Unity, I've already done that.  I'm talking about deploying it on my Xbox One, something that an official video from Microsoft has already demonstrated.
    Did you not actually read my post?
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 5:34 AM
  • @The Immortal Caleb Child

As far as I know, you need to export the Unity project to a Unity Visula studio solution. Then you could deploy the solution to remote machine like xbox one.

There is a link about how to export Unity project, hope it would help:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/exporting_and_building_a_unity_visual_studio_solution

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 8:03 AM