Installed live care - now msn wont open!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Perfect!

I just had to install onecare because the silly program asks for a anti-virus for file transfers.

After installation was over my msn got disconnected and it wont connect again

It finds no problems on troubleshooting, my connection is ok.

I've used CCleaner, trojan remover, turned off the firewall, uninstalled onecare
    but it's still the same.

DAmn i hate this so much!
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Monday, September 7, 2009 3:33 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Monday, September 7, 2009 3:33 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Monday, September 7, 2009 7:36 AM

All replies

• If you use System Restore to restore your system to a point before you installed One Care can you access MSN? If System Restore does not resolve the issue please contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, September 7, 2009 1:34 PM
  • Thanks for the answer JimR1.

Well my system restore is turned off but i think One Care was not the problem.

All the messengers in our office today started to give 81000306 error.
    I believe the timing of one care was just bad.

We have a broadband fast connection here at the office since there are about 10 computers using the net.
    I don't know what exactly the problem is here.
    I will have to wait till we restart the server (just cant do it now due to the applications that are using the server)

It may be something to do with the countries lines today maybe.
    I've spoken to my friend at another city and he mentioned that he couldnt sign in to msn too (maybe just coincidence)

Well, our friends in our other office just 30 kilometers away has no problems with it.

So whats your theory now Jim :)
    Monday, September 7, 2009 2:50 PM
  • I agree this is not a One Care issue. It may be a temporary server side issue. This information copied from the Messenger help filesmay help:

How do I fix error 81000301 or 81000306?

When you try to sign in to MSN Messenger, you may receive the following error message:

• We were unable to sign you in to MSN Messenger, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet.

Try the following to help resolve the situation:

1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
    2. Make sure you have installed the latest version of MSN Messenger.
    3. Make sure you have installed the latest available updates for your operating system. For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, go to the Microsoft® Windows® Update website.
    4. If you are using a firewall, make sure that MSN Messenger is allowed full access through the firewall. For more information, see the firewall documentation.
    5. Verify the Advanced Connection settings for MSN Messenger.
    Notes
    • If your computer is part of a corporate network, contact your network administrator to make sure that the network allows access to the MSN Messenger service.
    • If you use a dial-up connection, the connection may be timing out. Try to connect again later.

Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, September 7, 2009 3:32 PM