Cannot Make Outgoing Call - Mediant 1000 OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Just finished migrating from OCS Standard 2007 R1 to R2 Enterprise.  We totally deactivated, uninstalled, unprepped forest/domain, then installed OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise.

I did not change any of the Mediant 1000 Gateway Configuration.  Yet now while we can "receive" calls through the gateway, we cannot make outgoing calls trhough the gateway.

Viewing the OCS log of an outgoing call attempt, a sip message is sent with a "TO:" paramater of sip: +17135551212@domain.com

The mediation server resonds with "Bad Request".

The Mediant 1000 gateways sees the request, because it reports a "Failed Call due to Other Failures"

The Mediant 1000 Syslong from this failure is as follows:

4d:21h:42m:45s Error Indication: Last Command (Primitive) was not performed due to cause 100 [Trunk:0 Bchannel:3 ConnID:0] [Code:23127]

4d:21h:42m:45s REPORT_TYPE_ERROR_IN: ErrorCauseString = Incorrect parameter type, DiagnosticString= Condition unknown, ErrorCause = d, Diagnostic = [Trunk:0 Bchannel:-1 ConnID:-1] [Code:23127]
    I wonder if it does not like the "@domain.com" in the Sip message?  I'm speculating as the request to the Mediation Server otherwise looks just fine.  The number is in the right format, and the Manipulation Rule in the Gateway removes the "+1" as it had in the past when it did work.

Any insight would be appreciated greatly!!!

-Barry
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:08 AM

Answers

• Thanks to Audiocodes Support department.  Solution was for "stupidness."  We share our T1 between voice and internet, duhh...

Had to designate the right channel range for the trunk.  Not the equipment's fault the dumb operator told it to use channels that it was not supposed to use.

At the risk of looking foolish I wanted to put the solution here, because some other poor slob like me just might do the same dumb thing.

-Barry
    • Marked as answer by Barry Adkins Friday, May 15, 2009 7:48 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:41 AM

All replies

• Call Dialogic they usually have pretty good support, also try their forums. I usually find that if I can get the call to the gateway then it usually works. usually the sip would ahave xxxxxxxxxx@Mediationserverip if I remember right but I will try to review some traces and get back to you.
    mitch
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 12:07 PM
  • Unfortunately the Meidant 1000 is not a Dialogic product.  Audiocodes forum is pathetic.  It is not monitored by Audiocodes and gets very little user attention.  I have contacted their support people and waiting to see if they are giong to help.

Meanwhile I am doing my best to figure it out on my own and with help from other users.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I appreciate that you are lending a hand!
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:21 PM
  • Thanks to Audiocodes Support department.  Solution was for "stupidness."  We share our T1 between voice and internet, duhh...

Had to designate the right channel range for the trunk.  Not the equipment's fault the dumb operator told it to use channels that it was not supposed to use.

At the risk of looking foolish I wanted to put the solution here, because some other poor slob like me just might do the same dumb thing.

-Barry
    • Marked as answer by Barry Adkins Friday, May 15, 2009 7:48 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:41 AM
  • Thanks for posting back it was good info.
    mitch
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 2:25 AM