Insufficient permissions when assigning case to someone else RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to assign out a Case which I currently own. I clicked on the Owner lookup, and chose someone else (Jane). But I get this error:

Insufficient Permissions

The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to

view these records or perform the specific action...

Here are my security role settings for Case:

Create: Business Unit

Read: Organization

Write: Organization

Delete: none

Append: Organization
    Append To: Organization

Assign: Organization

Share:  none

Here are Jane's security role settings for Case:

Create: Organization

Read: Organization

Write: Organization

Delete: none

Append: Organization
    Append To: Organization

Assign: Organization

Share:  none

Are there other entities that I need to assign rights to in order to perform this action?

Thanks for the advice.

Friday, September 12, 2008 7:01 AM

All replies

• There are 2 things to check:

1. If the System Setting 'Share records to original owner' is set to true, then you or Jane (I'm not sure which - probably Jane) will need Share permissions
    2. Check the cascading rules for the 1-many relationships on the case entity. If Cascade Assign is set, then you'll need Assign privileges on the related entities
    Friday, September 12, 2008 9:22 PM
  • Thanks David.

> 1. If the System Setting 'Share records to original owner' is set to true, then you or Jane (I'm not sure which - probably Jane) will need Share permissions

Where is this System Setting 'Share records to original owner' found?

> 2. Check the cascading rules for the 1-many relationships on the case entity. If Cascade Assign is set, then you'll need Assign privileges on the related entities

My Case entity is Parent to over 30 custom entities. For this Case record, it is only linked to the custom entity "IM". I already have organization Read and Assign rights to "IM" and all the other related custom entities. But yet I still get this privileges error. What othe rights do I need to grant?? Do I need Write rights as well? I have organization Write rights to IM but not to other custom entities.

Thanks.

Monday, September 15, 2008 6:39 AM