2010: PWA Tasks Screen Periods RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have users complaining that the Tasks screen in PWA does not show the weekly time reporting periods that we have set up. For example for one user this was yesterday showing Monday Oct 25 thru Monday Nov 1. Today it shows Tuesday Oct 26 thru Tuesday Nov 2. So for this user it shows 8 days starting with the current date. For another user it shows only 7 days.

It is hard to find out how this is supposed to work and what options the users have to configure this themselves. Any help we could get in explaining this to the users would be highly appreciated.

Regards, Stig
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:16 AM

Answers

• We have now got confirmation from Microsoft that this is a 'bug' that will be fixed in Service Pack 2 that is due in about a year's time.
    Regards, Stig
    • Marked as answer by Stig Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:25 PM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:24 PM

All replies

• Start by looking how your reporting periods were setup please
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Our time reporting periods are all set up nicely with for example:

Period Label: week 41 2010 Start Date: 10/11/2010 End Date: 10/17/2010
    Period Label: week 42 2010 Start Date: 10/18/2010 End Date: 10/24/2010
    Period Label: week 43 2010 Start Date: 10/25/2010 End Date: 10/31/2010

The user who reported the issue first got yesterday per default the dates 10/18 to 10/25 in the Tasks center. Today he sees 10/19 to 10/26.

Another user has 10/31 to 11/6 after using the Previous and Next buttons to navigate.

We are sure there is some logic behind this, but not easy to understand.

Regards, Stig
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Stig:

I saw something like this on a system that I was torture testing. If I recall correctly it has something to do with changing options one too many times. Is this a fresh system or been in use? What's the history of tracking changing on this system?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:45 PM
  • If you have issues I recommend you work with Microsoft Premier Support to get this addressed.
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:53 PM
  • Thanks all. We really just wanted to get confirmed that this was not in some way works-as-designed. We will log a call to Microsoft.

PS! Gary, there has been some testing done on the system. This has mainly consisted of loading test projects. There has been no software changes or anything else extra installed. After our initial configuration, which we determined beforehand, we have added some new security categories and done around 5 configuration changes. If that is enough to 'throw it off kilter' I am a bit worried about the future. Anyway, we will see what MS support says.

Regards, Stig
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:07 AM
  • Hello Stig,

we too noticed the same behavior, in all our 3 Development/test and 1 Production environments (different architectures and different "wear"). It's annoying but nothing more (nevertheless, a product issue to me).

Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:48 PM
  • if it is then we need to fix it, hence my recommendation to open a case
    Friday, October 29, 2010 5:55 PM
  • The case has been logged. We will keep you up to date once there is more information or a resolution.
    Regards, Stig
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:26 AM
  • We have now got confirmation from Microsoft that this is a 'bug' that will be fixed in Service Pack 2 that is due in about a year's time.
    Regards, Stig
    • Marked as answer by Stig Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:25 PM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:24 PM
  • Have you verified that is fixed?  I have Project Server 14.0.6 and I am still having this issue:

1) I set a Period which began on Friday

2) I deleted the Period and set Periods to begin on Saturday

3) The Timesheets reflect the change, but Tasks still begin on Friday

Jonathan M Beck

Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:58 PM
  • As Service Pack 2 is not there yet we assume that the issue still remains. We have not seen any info that this is resolved in a CU.

Stig

Regards, Stig

Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:44 PM