Project Center 2013 vs Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a difference between Project Server 2013 and Project Center 2013? Do you have any really good Project Center 2013 training video recommendations for Project Managers or Business Intelligence?

Ron Johnson Systems Administrator Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Office – (517) 333-2391 ron.johnson@msufcu.org WWW.MSUFCU.ORG

Monday, December 21, 2015 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Ron,

You are actually comparing apples and pears. Project is actually the Microsoft scheduling and planning application which is a client/server type application. It can be on premise (Project Server 2010, 2013, 2016...) or in the Office 365 cloud (Project Online).

In this application, you have different tools, modules, features which you can enable or not, use or not. The project center is just one of them. You also have the resource center, timesheet module, portfolio analysis module and so on...

The project center actually gives you a portfolio view of your set of projects based on predefined views which can have filters, groups, indicators...

You have a set of videos there:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn756399.aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Monday, December 21, 2015 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Ron,

You are actually comparing apples and pears. Project is actually the Microsoft scheduling and planning application which is a client/server type application. It can be on premise (Project Server 2010, 2013, 2016...) or in the Office 365 cloud (Project Online).

In this application, you have different tools, modules, features which you can enable or not, use or not. The project center is just one of them. You also have the resource center, timesheet module, portfolio analysis module and so on...

The project center actually gives you a portfolio view of your set of projects based on predefined views which can have filters, groups, indicators...

You have a set of videos there:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn756399.aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Monday, December 21, 2015 3:46 PM
  • Perfect. I have someone requesting training so I wanted to clarify before I sent them training videos. That was my perception too but, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the links!

Ron Johnson Systems Administrator Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Office – (517) 333-2391 ron.johnson@msufcu.org WWW.MSUFCU.ORG

Monday, December 21, 2015 3:49 PM