Multiple CRM Installations on same domain. RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to set up a test environment for our Microsoft CRM installation and need to know if it is possible to have two Microsoft CRM installations on the same domain.  If not what is the best practice for setting up a test environment for CRM?

Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:18 PM

Answers

• You can have multiple installations of CRM on the same domain.

However, it really depends on what you are testing. If you are testing your own code, or a release of your software that requires an installation, then having a tes tenant may not help you.

If you will only have customisations/workflows etc, then a test tenant would work just fine...

Ian Carter

Click here to go to UNIT4 Business Software.

Here are my links: Twitter Blog LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Kidd Nicko Friday, January 7, 2011 4:12 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:13 PM

All replies

• depending on the version of CRM you have, you can have multiple CRM Organizations on the same CRM Server. I believe enterprise edition allows this
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:56 PM
  • You can have multiple installations of CRM on the same domain.

However, it really depends on what you are testing. If you are testing your own code, or a release of your software that requires an installation, then having a tes tenant may not help you.

If you will only have customisations/workflows etc, then a test tenant would work just fine...

Ian Carter

Click here to go to UNIT4 Business Software.

Here are my links: Twitter Blog LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Kidd Nicko Friday, January 7, 2011 4:12 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:13 PM
  • depending on the version of CRM you have, you can have multiple CRM Organizations on the same CRM Server. I believe enterprise edition allows this

We are on 4.0
    Friday, January 7, 2011 2:59 PM
  • You can set up as many instances of CRM on your domain as you like. If you have enterprise edition, you can install more that one instance per server -- whether this is appropriate, like Ian says, depends on what you are trying to test. If you have professional edition, you will need a separate server and server license for each instance. Also depending on what you're trying to test, you might be able to have a shared database server, or need separate database servers or database instances.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, January 7, 2011 4:06 PM