LegacyExchangeDN in e-mail address RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a tough time with a very specific behavior of Dynamics CRM 2013 and Exchange 2010.

My configuration:

- Machine 1: Windows 2008 R2 SP1 running Exchange 2010 SP3

- Machine 2: Windows 2012 Standard running Dynamics CRM 2012 (6.0.2.51, DB 6.0.2.51)

Both servers are in a single domain network in the same LAN. All servers are members of the same domain. There are two domain servers running Windows 2008 R2 machines.

The CRM users are also domain users with Exchange accounts. CRM and Exchange are set up to synchronize using the Exchange email server profile in CRM. It uses impersonation and credentials stored in the email server profile.

Everything is running smoothly: all user data for the user accounts synchronize OK (e-mail leads, contacts, etc.). So far so good.

Now the problem:

When we define a contact that is also (redundantly) configured as a CRM user with a synchronized Exchange account the user's e-mail address in the remains in the correct form:

user@domain.com

for a few minutes. However, after that it automatically changes to the following format:

/o=UMN/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=username

"UMN" is the legacy Exchange organisation name from the AD treeCN=UMN,CN=Microsoft (Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com).

This only happens to users who are both CRM users AND are redundantly entered in the contact list. It does not happen to email addresses of users who are in the contact list, are Exchange users, but are NOT CRM users (i.e. are not synchronized between Exchange and CRM). Everything else works splendidly.

How could that be fixed?

Thank you in advance!

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:14 PM

All replies

• Did you get any help on this issue? I have the exact same problem....
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:05 PM