Can I get to Live Desktop from any browser? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to access my Live Desktop from a machine that doesn't have Live Mesh installed? I'm thinking of a case where I have some files - say either pictures or utilities - in a folder on my Live Desktop, and I'm at a machine where I could use one of those files, but don't want to install Live Mesh (or can't, for security reasons).

Is there a way to connect to my Live Desktop through a browser from that machine?  Or am I really needing to just use Skydrive and duplicate my files? Can I sync my Skydrive with a folder on my Live Desktop?? 
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, you should be able to access your Live Desktop from any machine with internet access.  Just go to www.mesh.com and log in.  Have you had trouble doing this?  If so, please let me know so that I can look into it.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you should be able to access your Live Desktop from any machine with internet access.  Just go to www.mesh.com and log in.  Have you had trouble doing this?  If so, please let me know so that I can look into it.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:49 PM
  • Doh! Outstanding. I'd never noticed the "Sign In" prompt in the corner. Plus basically every computer I use got Live Mesh on it as soon as my invite came. This little feature is going to be a real help. Thanks for the swift reply.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:57 PM
  • My pleasure!  Glad I could help - and that you weren't hitting a bug of some kind. :)

Ben.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:59 PM
  • Nah, this one was obviously what we call "(L)user error", or an "ID 10T" (id10t) problem, or "PBKAC" (problem between keyboard and chair), or my personal fave - "Hardware Problem - there's a nut loose on the keyboard".
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:12 PM
  •  
    Ben - Live Mesh said:

Have you had trouble doing this?  If so, please let me know so that I can look into it.

I was messing around with Mesh Live Desktop on two Macs.  One was a Power Book G4 - the other was a graphics workstation at work.  Live Desktop worked in Firefox but not in Safari.

I've also been unable to sign in to Live Desktop from my Windows Mobile 6 device (HTC Mogul).

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:37 PM