none
Interested in learning ASP.NET MVC: Am I ready?

Question

•     If someone already made a post about this I am sorry, I couldn't find it. I am really interested in learning the ASP.NET MVC framework, but I am not sure if I know all the necessary prerequisites. I have knowledge in C#, JavaScript, and a some JQuery, and I still want to know more about JQuery, but at this time I really want to learn ASP.NET MVC as soon as possible, I am studying on the Microsoft Virtual Academy website, and starting to watch the ASP.NET MVC video, however what I want to know is if there is anything else I really need to study before I dive into that video series. Again, I have knowledge in C++, C#, HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript, and I experimented a little with JQuery, but I want to know if there is anything else critical that I need to learn before I dive into ASP.NET MVC. I want to learn this really soon because I want to be a qualified web developer as soon as possible.

• Edited by EcoGreco Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:13 PM
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:11 PM

Answers

• The only critical things for learning ASP.NET MVC are C#, HTML and the .NET Framework. Other things such as javascript or jquery are useful when developing applications, but not really part of ASP.NET MVC; they just run on the client side in the same way as if you were using a different mechanism to generate the pages at the server side.

Basically, if you have developed any other types of .NET applications, and you know how to create HTML pages, then you are ready for learning ASP.NET MVC.

Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:27 PM