none
WLW should support Wordpress Custom Fields! RRS feed

• General discussion

• + I hope Custom Fields feature in Wordpress will be supported in final version of WLW. I use Wordpress 2.7 for my blog and use the theme Revolution Church. This theme use Custom Fields feature to display a custom thumbnail image beside the excerpt for each post in front page. I use WLW as an editor to edit and post entries. Each time I post an entries I must go to my Wordpress Dashboard to enter the Custom Fields value for this entry's thumbnail image displaying (KEY = post-thumb or etc.., VALUE = [image url]. And it's very time-consuming. I hope in final version of WLW2009, Wordpress Custom Fields will be supported, and Custom Fields key and value will be saved to the *.wpost as tags as.

+ WLW should support name the clipboard-pasted image and allow to choose the image format (*.png and *.jpg instead of *.png only).

I hope the changes.

Thank to WLW Team!
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 6:57 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback.  Both of these are highly requested features we hope to support in the future.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:14 PM
  • How is it going with those custom fields. I also use them in Wordpress and would love to be able to have this option in WLW. Any heads up on implementing it?
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:17 PM