locked
CRM Web Service update Issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have created an application which reads "Contact" records from an excel sheet and retrieves the "Contact" in CRM based on a custom field "serno" and then it updates some fields such as the Name, Phone Number. I did not do it using re-import functionality in excel since I am doing a checking prior to every update.

    I have about 100 000 records. I encountered an issue, when users are using the CRM and updating Contact records while the application is still running, the update from the Application is stuck on one particular record. for example, it keeps updating "C1" until I stop the application manually.

    When I opened the Audit History of "C1", I found out more than 1000 update on the same fields with same values.

    The update is stuck on the "C1" record, I am very sure that this is due to multiple update requests using CRM  Web Service.

    Please advise how I can fix this crucial problem.

    Best Regards,

    Joe Mouawad.


    • Edited by Joe Mouawad Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:20 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:19 AM