Is it possible to modify the filter condition of MyOpenOpportunity View - If I type 'company name' in the search box, no result. RRS feed

• Question

• I wondering if it will be possible to modify the system view 'My Open Opportunity'.  I observed that when I enter the company name in the search box, crm doesn't return any opportunity. If the search text matches the Topic, then CRM return the matching opportunities. 

Is there a way for us to select the opportunities based on 'company name'. I don't want to use the 'Advanced Find' option. I am not sure if this view can be modified! Any ideas will be appreciated.  

sunny
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:52 PM

Answers

• You need to modify the 'Quick Find' (think that's what it is called - working from memory) view.  In this view, click on 'Find Columns' - the checked columns will be searched when using the search box. 
    --pogo (pat)
    • Proposed as answer by Faisal Fiaz Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by SunnyCRM2011 Monday, April 11, 2011 1:53 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Hi Sunny,

If you want to add more search columns you need to do that as Pogo suggested. Add search columns in Quick find view.

For modifying filter in 'My Open Opportunity' view,  this is not possible directly by modifying the view through customizations, but there is a way around for this. First you need to export opportunity customizations, open that file in Visual studio or notepad, search for 'My Open Opportunities', then you can see the XML for that view. There we have a fetchxml query, change the filter criteria as required. Save the XML file, import this file back to CRM and publish the customizations.

Thanks and Regards

Ramu

Osmosys

Osmosee's Blog

• Proposed as answer by Janu_m Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:12 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:12 AM

All replies

• You need to modify the 'Quick Find' (think that's what it is called - working from memory) view.  In this view, click on 'Find Columns' - the checked columns will be searched when using the search box. 
    --pogo (pat)
    • Proposed as answer by Faisal Fiaz Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:44 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:10 PM
  • You can modify the view, but only to limited extent.

try creating a new view with potentially shows user's open opportunities and then you can tweak it as you like.

cheers, S.Khan MCTS
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 1:20 AM
  • and yeah I forgot to mention that you cant modify the filter condition of the "My Open Opportunity" view. It is controlled by CRM and only limited modifications are supported for this view.
    cheers, S.Khan MCTS
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 1:31 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

If you want to add more search columns you need to do that as Pogo suggested. Add search columns in Quick find view.

For modifying filter in 'My Open Opportunity' view,  this is not possible directly by modifying the view through customizations, but there is a way around for this. First you need to export opportunity customizations, open that file in Visual studio or notepad, search for 'My Open Opportunities', then you can see the XML for that view. There we have a fetchxml query, change the filter criteria as required. Save the XML file, import this file back to CRM and publish the customizations.

Thanks and Regards

Ramu

Osmosys

Osmosee's Blog

• Proposed as answer by Janu_m Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:12 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:12 AM