CRM Email Router CRM 2011 Deployment Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem deploy CRM Email Router in my company, I moved the service to diferent servers inclusive in the Exchange itself but still show the same error, everything in the configuartion is ok, We only need the outgoing profile, the crm server configured in the deploy tab is correct because I test all users and the test result is secceded, the port 25 between the crm email router, crm server and exchange is working, I created the relay connector to CRM server and for test to the crm email router too. Just I read all the help from Microsoft and the Community, I saw different ways to configured the Email router and I tested but without results, the CRM server and Email Router have the same Rollup, we have Exchange Server 2010, all the firewall services are stopped in each servers, the end we do everything we can but without results, please any help... above the error from the logs...

#61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "CAS-10150-Z4K9J2" for SMTP: http://crmserver/ORG1 for delivery through exchangesrv.domain.internal. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider.SetPriority(OptionSetValue priority, MailMessage mailMessage)at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider.PrepareMessage(Entity sendEmail)at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider.ProcessMessageInternal(Entity emailMessage)at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingSendEmailProvider.Run()

Please any help...

Monday, August 29, 2011 8:10 PM

Answers

• not sure why you are running SMTP Relay Services from the CRM server.  With the e-mail router installed and connected to Exchange you shouldn't need that. 

Here is what I've done in a similar environment.  Exchange on one server and CRM and the E-mail Router on another.  Your Deployment Profile should use the CRM Admin credentials for Access, your Outgoing Profile and the E-mail Service logon should use the Access Credentails of an Exchange User that has rights to the mailboxes.

There should be no need to relay to Exchange if the above is configured correctly.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, September 8, 2011 12:11 AM

All replies

• Weird, it's like it can't find a mail priority for that specific email.  I am surprised it wouldn't assume normal priority.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:54 PM
  • Thanks for your response, the mx records are created locally in my dns and everything is configured according different ways to deploy the crm router 2011 on premise, right now the test access on each account is working, I created a new Role in Exchange 2010 to impersonate the access in one account to all organization mailboxes and is working fine, the connector is ready, the configuration for anonymous logon is ready too... I know something is missed, I don't know what happen but still show me the same error. Any other advise.... pls

Thanks

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Have you configured the exchange server to allow for SMTP relay for CRM?

Jackie Chen, Microsoft Online Community Support. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:50 AM
  • Yes I created a receive connector in Exchange for the CRM Server IP address, also I enable in the CRM server the SMTP Relay Service pointing a relay to my Exchange Server and in the active directory for Configuration/Exchange Administrative Group/Services/Server/Relay Protocols/ the Anonymous User is allow to send any email to a user... Please Im stock doing this one month ago and I can't find where is the problem... please any advise...
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:58 PM
  • Does this mean that the e-mail router is deployed on the Exchange server?

" I moved the service to diferent servers inclusive in the Exchange itself but still show the same error,"

If so, try installing it on the CRM sever or a server other than Exchange.  In some environments, I've seen odd issues when installing the router on the Exchange server.

Can you share a screenshot of your Deployment and Outgoing profile.  Also, if the e-mail router is installed on a server other than the CRM server, I've been told that you need to create a SPN for the SMTP service but I have not confirmed that.  One final item, try using a CRM User with the System Administrator role as the logon for the E-mail Router service. 

Regards, Donna

Saturday, September 3, 2011 2:09 PM
  • There should be a SPN attribute on the machine account running the SMTP service for the Kerberos read.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 7:50 PM
  • Thanks for the confirmation Curt. 

Regards, Donna

Saturday, September 3, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Thank for your information but the computer running the Simple Mail Transport Protocol Service is the CRM server itself, actually we have the Email Router Installed on that server too, I ran the setspn -L computername and are listed all this SPN:

HTTP/computername, HTTP/computername.domain.local, SMTPSVC/computername, SMTPSVC//computername.domain.local, WSMAN/computername, WSMAN//computername.domain.local, RestrictedKrbHost/computername, RestrictedKrbHost//computername.domain.local, HOST/computername, HOST//computername.domain.local

And I still got the same error:

An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "CAS-10150-Z4K9J2" for SMTP: http://crmserver/ORG1 for delivery through exchangesrv.domain.internal. System.NullReferenceException

My deployment is simple:

Deployment: My company    /    CRM Server: http://crmserver.domain.local   /    Access Credential: Local System Account (this account is the global administrator and its also the CRM system administrator and the local computer administrator too.. Every is fine with this deployment because we can read the CRM accounts.

The Outgoing Profile is also simple too:

Profile Name: OUTGOINGMAIL  /  Email Server Type: SMTP (We use Exchange Server 2010)  //  Auth Type: Windows Authentification  / Email Server: Exchange Srver: Other Specified (Exchange Administrator with roles to manage the mailboxes)

The Incoming Mail Profile for me are not very important, every test I ran on the user account are sucedeed.

Thank a lot for your previous information, I only need the solution for this problem please.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:19 PM
  • ok, if everything is fine and other e-mails are processing as expected, then I guess  you'll need to try and figure out what is different about this one particular e-mail.  Maybe it has a special character, or some other unique quality. 

Having the Access Credentials as Local System Account is odd and the fact that the Local System Account is your CRM Administrator is odd, and I don't quite understand some of your other configurations but it sounds like you are pretty confident that everything is setup as it should be so that is good.  Sorry couldn't be of anymore help than that.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:02 PM
  • Thank for prompt response... I follow all the guide from Microsoft Dynamics Step by Step for different Scenarios, but is something like the system itself don't recognize the SMTP address in the deployment http://computername.domail.local/ORG1 like a valid SMTP server, I think I left something or is a bug in the system because why the system took this address http://computername.domain.local/ORG1 a valid SMTP server?, I enable the SMTP Relay Services in the IIS 6.0 and configured the relay server to our exchange like remote domains, but the address before is no like a valid SMTP Server. If you read the error on a top of this page you can see it show first like SMTP: the address before and then through the exchange server.. any idea...
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:51 PM
  • In fact the deployment adminstration must be a domain account.

Always remember, Globals into locals and never locals into globals.

Curtis Spanburgh
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:04 PM
  • OK, but this Administrator is a domain account too... 
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:11 PM
  • SO if I understand this correctly you are pointing CRM to a machine that is running an smtp relay but you have loaded the router on the Exchange server?

Curtis Spanburgh
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:11 PM
  • on the same CRM Server are running the SMTP Relay Services, the Email Router and the CRM application (The Relay Services is enable because we use Exchange Server)
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:21 PM
  • not sure why you are running SMTP Relay Services from the CRM server.  With the e-mail router installed and connected to Exchange you shouldn't need that. 

Here is what I've done in a similar environment.  Exchange on one server and CRM and the E-mail Router on another.  Your Deployment Profile should use the CRM Admin credentials for Access, your Outgoing Profile and the E-mail Service logon should use the Access Credentails of an Exchange User that has rights to the mailboxes.

There should be no need to relay to Exchange if the above is configured correctly.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, September 8, 2011 12:11 AM
  • Thanks for your help, I disable the SMTP relay services and assign the Exchange Admin User rights to the all mailboxes in my exchange forest, the deployment user is the CRM Administrator.... but still happen the problem the same issue:

An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "CAS-10150-Z4K9J2" for SMTP: http://crmserver/ORG1 for delivery through exchangesrv.domain.internal. System.NullReferenceException

There are no problems testing access for the user through SMTP Server for incoming profile or the outgoing profile, everything are configured by the Guide from Microsoft and always is the same error, we don't have a new one is always the same error. Please any other idea....

Thanks

Friday, September 16, 2011 3:58 PM
  • maybe I'm miss reading something, but the error still appears to be related to a relay error of some sort, "SMTP: http://crmserver/ORG1 for delivery through "  It looks like the CRM server is still trying to relay to Exchange.

Regards, Donna

Friday, September 16, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Did you guys check the url on this issue.  just see the message Donna posted last and it looks funny to say "smtp:" and then immmediately follow that with http://.  It is like saying you want to do smtp functions from an http address, even though they use different protocols and different ports by default.  

Did you figure out the problem?

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:29 PM
  • We're having the same issue. Seems to me there is some bad code within the SetPriority method. If the OptionSetValue priority is null it should default to "Normal". But I guess there's no chance of viewing the code..

Did you resolve this?

#61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "Affärsmöjlighet:  Mäklarhuset - SS: Uppstart vilande program" for SMTP: http://crm.vitec.se/Vitec for delivery through 10.10.10.60. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider.SetPriority(OptionSetValue priority, MailMessage mailMessage)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider.PrepareMessage(Entity sendEmail)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider.ProcessMessageInternal(Entity emailMessage)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingSendEmailProvider.Run()

Daniel Bergsten

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:42 PM
  • Kilopepper, have you checked to make sure your workflows do in fact set a Priority value in the e-mail properties?

Daniel Bergsten

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:49 PM
  • I had a session with Microsoft Support on this issue and we found a solution. The problem was that the workflows were created in CRM 4.0 and then upgraded to CRM 2011. The solution was to re-save all the e-mail templates within the workflows.

I opened the "create e-mail task", removed To and From recipients and then re-inserted the same recipients and saved and re-activated the workflows. Now I could se that the Priority of the mail message was set to Normal instead of "blank". And the mail got through.

So if you upgraded from CRM 4.0 this might be your problem.

Daniel Bergsten

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Bergsten Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:57 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:57 AM
  • Soundsd like the GUIDS representing the users were changes because of the upgrade.

Well, we got to the bottom of it.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:46 PM