Importing CRM 4.0 into CRM 2011 MS Dynamics CRM Deployment Mangager - MMC Has Detected an Error in a Snap-In and Will Unload it RRS feed

• Question

• I had successfully installed CRM 2011 and was attempting to import our CRM 4.0 using the import utility wizard in the Deployment Manager.  I had just restored the 4.0 SQL database on the 2011 SQL instance and received the following error:

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

BC

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:06 PM

All replies

• Are you logged in as Deployment administrator on the CRM box.

Arpita

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:37 PM
  • I am  logged in as the DC Administrator.  Do I need to set up a specific login called Deployment Administrator?

Thanks

BC

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:16 PM
  • If you weren't logged in as a Deployment Administrator, you would not have been able to access the Deployment Manager, so that is no issue.

Look in both the Event Logs and the following file(s) for more explicit information about the cause of the error:

%USERPROFILE\AppData\<Roaming|Local>\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\crm50dmsnapin*.log

The Event Logs *may* give some additional information, but the log files are your best bet; every operation performed via the Deployment Manager will be logged there.

Depending on how far you got through it, an import can generate a sizeable log file, so search for:

Error|

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:51 AM
  • Sorry for the delay....other fires!!!!  Here are the error messages from the 'Roaming' log...

... to a local variable.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:54 PM

These were all the errors that I found.  Again, these occurred after I restored the old 4.0 database to the new SQL 2008 R2 instance for CRM 2011.

Thanks!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:57 PM
  • Sorry for the delay....other fires!!!!  Here are the error messages from the 'Roaming' log...

This indicates that you've already attempted the import previously.  If so, you'll have to find the previous Organisation (it should be listed in the Deployment Manager, likely as Pending or Disabled if it did not complete) and delete before attempting the import again.

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:30 AM

This one is weird.  The error is indicated that you have an insufficient version of SQL Server installed, but if such were the case you would not have been able to install CRM 2011 in the first place.

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:32 AM
  • The problems began when I restored the 4.0 database to the SQL 2008 R2 instance.  The next time I opened the Deployment Manager, I got the errors regarding the snap in.  As far as deleting the previous organization, following is what is showing in the Deployment Manager:

Thanks for your efforts!

Brian

Friday, February 24, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Did you restore the CRM 4.0 database into a new and/or empty DB in the SQL 2008 R2?

Or did you restore it into an already attached CRM DB instance?  If the latter, I can imagine your Deployment Manager breaking in such a manner.

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:13 AM
  • I restored the 4.0 database into the SQL2008R2 instance as a new database.  This instance of SQL 2008R2 also included the DB created in the installation of CRM2011.  When I next opened the Deployment Manager, I received the errors as displayed in the first thread of this post.  Do you have any suggestions for correcting the issue?

Thanks

BC

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:07 PM