none
SQL Express Access Denied. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, All:

Greetings! 

I run into access denied issue.  I trid to use SQL server express edition; i followed a instruction like this:

sqlcmd -s mycomputerName\SQLExpress -E
    1> sp_grantlogin [mycomputerName\one of my username]
    2> go

after i hit go, i got error message it sas:
    Msg 5401, Level 11, State 1, Server JACKCORP -15CCD1, Procedure sp_grantlogin, Line 49 Windows NT user or group 'JackCorp\Guest' not found. Check the name again.

Guest account was turn on.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks for your attention

• Moved by Figo Fei Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:11 AM sql express problem
    Monday, June 23, 2008 3:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please refer to SQL Server for help.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:16 AM
  • Or if you'd like to find where to ask your question, you can ask here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/threads

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:56 PM
    Owner
  • Not to be rude, but you guys REALLY need to come up with a solution for trash posts like this.

What I mean by trash posts is O.P. posts question in wrong forum.  No one gives any definitive answer except "you posted in the wrong place, go here".

Now the rest of us have to endure going through these posts for YEARS to come.  Your reply to this telling them to post somewhere else is six years old!  This is the TOP result of my search.  WHY?  I would say 80% - 90% of my search results that pull up Microsoft forum results have at least one or two of these in the top 10 search results listed.  There has to be a better solution than what is in place now.

It gets old.  I am sure I am not alone with this frustration. 

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:35 PM