Office Ultimate 2007 fails validation! RRS feed

• Question

• I am having troubles validating my copy of Office Ultimate 2007.  I purchased my Office through the www.itsnotcheating.com.au promotion.  This is the message that shows up when I try to validate.

This computer has failed validation. Expand for details.

Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007:
    Validation Incomplete

The validation process could not be completed. Necessary files may have been tampered with. The validation tool is unable to verify whether your copy of Office is genuine.

[0x80180112]

I have also tried Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  Here are the results.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J
    Windows Product Key Hash: Ro/Y7HENE9CfW7lW+QtlNbYQEE8=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-8365391-23692
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: {785B1A85-370C-4E13-9F05-B46ECAB3AB46}
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 112 License Store Error
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645_63BB5E84-284-80070005_16E0B333-57-80070005_B4D0AA8B-910-80070005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{785B1A85-370C-4E13-9F05-B46ECAB3AB46}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-VPK3J</PKey><PID>55274-640-8365391-23692</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1644491937-1757981266-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>NVIDIA</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>F6</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051205000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID/><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>E. Australia Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>112</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002E-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>112</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>10C4337E174DF0A</Val><Hash>yxvEVhFrKK8ue8/1NNXXzLUJwiY=</Hash><Pid>81608-901-1317036-65359</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Why can't I validate my copy of Office?  What do I need to do so I can validate my copy of Office?

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:15 AM

Answers

• I think I may have found a solution.  No thanks to Microsoft however!

Any of you experiencing this same problem (i.e. Office Status: 112 License Store Error, [0x80180112]), I refer you to the following post:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1439967&SiteID=25
    More specifically,

I then deleted the same file in the following folder (data.dat):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

Validation now works like a charm!
    (Stupid Microsoft validation)
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:53 AM
  • Segap21,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide available options we have for assisting customers to address issues they are currently experiencing. Please follow the below steps:

Rename the following files:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.bak

Next

Please deleted the same file (data.dat) in the following folder:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

Restart the computer and reinstall the OGA utility. Last validate Office and all should be operational again. Please post back should you have further complications. 

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA and WGA Program Manager

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:10 PM
  • Thank you for replying Stephen; I am not experiencing validation problems anymore.

Just a point to note, there was no data.dat in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

so that step wasn't applicable.

For me, deleting the data.dat in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

fixed the problem.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:16 AM
  • This sounds exactly like my problem, but I'm running Vista Ultimate and I'm a little new to it. where is the equivalent file/folder on Vista?
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:00 PM
  • I tried deleting the office genuine advantage folder altogether, assuming it would reinstall, but with no luck. I'm in Europe this month, so does that affect how this works (Ultimate and laptop are US)? It worked in June when I needed it, but not now. Can anyone help? It's so frustrating having paid so much for Office Ultimate only to have this happen! I want to download the XPS plugin.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:39 PM
  • Ormico,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1.      Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.

2.      Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

If you could also please follow the steps outlined below, the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

Step 2 is to look on the computer itself, in the documentation you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:43 PM
  • Hi  Stephen,

I ran the MGA diagnostic tool (it didn't offer to resolve the problem) and obtained the following:

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{B9CBB36B-FA42-4045-9BEF-34F3A94D0408}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.006</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-XFJ4B</PKey><PID>89576-OEM-7332141-00148</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2247072064-1805851240-1563227762</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Sony Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>VGN-SZ440N</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies LTD</Manufacturer><Version>R0112N0</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070412000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>90323507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>Sony</OEMID><OEMTableID>VAIO</OEMTableID></OEM></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002E-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>80594DFE28DEF0C</Val><Hash>xhILcibxt2+iqBNUDKupRf7anrM=</Hash><Pid>81608-902-9507554-65268</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-0053-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>22B4E530B81A25E</Val><Hash>QKdMp8eLH0GB4QUHAMZKHKvuL7M=</Hash><Pid>84891-303-9016237-63065</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I'll try reinstalling office again from the disks (receiced two in the box, one with the old office 2003 'mirrored'/two-tone design - does it matter that only one was asked for when loading?). Vista OS continues to be validated, but office does not. Also downloaded Visio trial which also isn't validated as a genuine (!) when it's clearly off the Microsoft site.

Thanks for you help. I feel sure it has something to do with a file being in the wrong place or missing, but I don't have the IT skills to resolve this easily. The box was fully sealed when purchased with four seals side and top and COA at the top (unbroken at least until I opened it).

TK
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Totally Kosher,

Curious where is the rest of the diagnostic test results? You only posted the office portion. We need the whole diag results. In turn we can analyze the problem and provide you with a solution. 

Please try this until you can provide us with the rest of the diag results. Please let us know how it works.

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing surrounding Office activation. In turn I would like to provide the following steps to try and resolve the issue. Please follow the steps to attempt resolving this issue.

WINDOWS VISTA:

1) Click the START button.

2) Click ALL PROGRAMS.

3) Look at the list of your installed programs and find INTERNET EXPLORER.

4) Point the mouse cursor over top of INTERNET EXPLORER until it is highlighted and click the RIGHT-MOUSE button and choose “RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR” from the menu.

5) You will be prompted by a Windows Vista dialog box, and I want you to choose “ALLOW”. This will allow IE to start with administrator privileges.

6) In the new Internet Explorer session, manually type or copy this URL http://www.microsoft.com/genuine (again, make sure it's the new instance of IE that opened as “Administrator”.

7) Once the /genuine web site loads in the new IE browser.  Click the “VALIDATE OFFICE” button.

What happened?  Are the results different? Please re-post here should you need further assistance.  Thank you.

Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:15 PM
  • It works!  Thank you. I am so grateful.

Do I need to run IE as an administrator every time though? How can I configure my laptop to make using the Microsoft site a lot easier? When I first set it up, I made myself the main administrator on this laptop, but clearly not every program starts up under administrator privileges.

TK

P.S. I guess, you won't need the rest of the MGA diagnostics code (the site previously validated Vista Business as genuine). I saved it in Word, just in case. 

Saturday, July 28, 2007 10:18 AM
  • If your the administrator on the machine then all should be well.  Take care and glad we could help :-)

Stephen Holm MS

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 2:35 AM
  • I am experiencing the same problem with Office Professional and One Note 2007. Everything written in this thread did not help me. Can anyone give some new advise?

Thanks and best regards

Friday, August 24, 2007 3:42 PM
  • Tapbeat,

Please start a different thread. THis way we may give you one on one attention.  Thank you very much.

Stephen Holm, MS

We request all users initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool to try and identify the issue you may be having.

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to

Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and

can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Friday, August 24, 2007 11:23 PM

All replies

• I think I may have found a solution.  No thanks to Microsoft however!

Any of you experiencing this same problem (i.e. Office Status: 112 License Store Error, [0x80180112]), I refer you to the following post:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1439967&SiteID=25
    More specifically,

I then deleted the same file in the following folder (data.dat):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

Validation now works like a charm!
    (Stupid Microsoft validation)
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:53 AM
  • Segap21,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide available options we have for assisting customers to address issues they are currently experiencing. Please follow the below steps:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.bak

Next

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

Restart the computer and reinstall the OGA utility. Last validate Office and all should be operational again. Please post back should you have further complications. 

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:10 PM
  • Thank you for replying Stephen; I am not experiencing validation problems anymore.

Just a point to note, there was no data.dat in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

so that step wasn't applicable.

For me, deleting the data.dat in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

fixed the problem.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:16 AM
  • This sounds exactly like my problem, but I'm running Vista Ultimate and I'm a little new to it. where is the equivalent file/folder on Vista?
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:00 PM
  • I tried deleting the office genuine advantage folder altogether, assuming it would reinstall, but with no luck. I'm in Europe this month, so does that affect how this works (Ultimate and laptop are US)? It worked in June when I needed it, but not now. Can anyone help? It's so frustrating having paid so much for Office Ultimate only to have this happen! I want to download the XPS plugin.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:39 PM
  • Ormico,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1.      Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.

2.      Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

If you could also please follow the steps outlined below, the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

Step 2 is to look on the computer itself, in the documentation you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:43 PM
  • Hi  Stephen,

I ran the MGA diagnostic tool (it didn't offer to resolve the problem) and obtained the following:

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{B9CBB36B-FA42-4045-9BEF-34F3A94D0408}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.006</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-XFJ4B</PKey><PID>89576-OEM-7332141-00148</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2247072064-1805851240-1563227762</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Sony Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>VGN-SZ440N</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies LTD</Manufacturer><Version>R0112N0</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070412000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>90323507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>Sony</OEMID><OEMTableID>VAIO</OEMTableID></OEM></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002E-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>80594DFE28DEF0C</Val><Hash>xhILcibxt2+iqBNUDKupRf7anrM=</Hash><Pid>81608-902-9507554-65268</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-0053-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>22B4E530B81A25E</Val><Hash>QKdMp8eLH0GB4QUHAMZKHKvuL7M=</Hash><Pid>84891-303-9016237-63065</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I'll try reinstalling office again from the disks (receiced two in the box, one with the old office 2003 'mirrored'/two-tone design - does it matter that only one was asked for when loading?). Vista OS continues to be validated, but office does not. Also downloaded Visio trial which also isn't validated as a genuine (!) when it's clearly off the Microsoft site.

Thanks for you help. I feel sure it has something to do with a file being in the wrong place or missing, but I don't have the IT skills to resolve this easily. The box was fully sealed when purchased with four seals side and top and COA at the top (unbroken at least until I opened it).

TK
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Totally Kosher,

Curious where is the rest of the diagnostic test results? You only posted the office portion. We need the whole diag results. In turn we can analyze the problem and provide you with a solution. 

Please try this until you can provide us with the rest of the diag results. Please let us know how it works.

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing surrounding Office activation. In turn I would like to provide the following steps to try and resolve the issue. Please follow the steps to attempt resolving this issue.

WINDOWS VISTA:

1) Click the START button.

2) Click ALL PROGRAMS.

3) Look at the list of your installed programs and find INTERNET EXPLORER.

4) Point the mouse cursor over top of INTERNET EXPLORER until it is highlighted and click the RIGHT-MOUSE button and choose “RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR” from the menu.

5) You will be prompted by a Windows Vista dialog box, and I want you to choose “ALLOW”. This will allow IE to start with administrator privileges.

6) In the new Internet Explorer session, manually type or copy this URL http://www.microsoft.com/genuine (again, make sure it's the new instance of IE that opened as “Administrator”.

7) Once the /genuine web site loads in the new IE browser.  Click the “VALIDATE OFFICE” button.

What happened?  Are the results different? Please re-post here should you need further assistance.  Thank you.

Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:15 PM
  • It works!  Thank you. I am so grateful.

Do I need to run IE as an administrator every time though? How can I configure my laptop to make using the Microsoft site a lot easier? When I first set it up, I made myself the main administrator on this laptop, but clearly not every program starts up under administrator privileges.

TK

P.S. I guess, you won't need the rest of the MGA diagnostics code (the site previously validated Vista Business as genuine). I saved it in Word, just in case. 

Saturday, July 28, 2007 10:18 AM
  • If your the administrator on the machine then all should be well.  Take care and glad we could help :-)

Stephen Holm MS

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 2:35 AM
  • Read all the info with regards to validation, trying to validate to download office plug ins.

nothing worked, kept failing to validate. eventually jsut turned off 'User Account Control' in the user accounts in the control panel, then it validated immediately, and was able to download plug in.

i am sure this will not help all, but it solved my issue.

Sunday, August 5, 2007 9:19 AM
  • Dubai,

Is the weather hot right about now in Dubai :-)?  Please do me a favor. Read this thread and follow the instructions I posted for running the diagnostic test.  Once this has been done post your results here in this thread.  Thank you very much.

STephen Holm, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 1:03 AM
  • I am experiencing the same problem with Office Professional and One Note 2007. Everything written in this thread did not help me. Can anyone give some new advise?

Thanks and best regards

Friday, August 24, 2007 3:42 PM
  • Tapbeat,

Please start a different thread. THis way we may give you one on one attention.  Thank you very much.

Stephen Holm, MS

We request all users initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool to try and identify the issue you may be having.

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to

Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and

can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Friday, August 24, 2007 11:23 PM
  • Hello Stephen

thank you for the suggestion. I already did start a new thread, but nobody answered so far....:

http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2034562&SiteID=25

Looking forward meeting you theres. Thanks and best regards.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Follow all the steps and the MGA diag show it is geniue. When I go to the next step, I was unable to open the folders to delete those files. There is a blue arrow on the folder icon: Application Data!

Any idea how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Stephen Holm wrote:

Segap21,

Next

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:16 AM
  • Dibai!...It couldn't be hotter!!

I hear the snow ski year round?

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:06 PM