Can't remote to MHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am not able to Remote Access to Windows Home Server Console or any other computer via .homeserver.com
    I can access shared folders, but not RDP. Can someone help please?

Thanks
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:49 PM

Answers

• Thank You! You gave me an idea ... I noticed that I was trying to connect using IE8 beta. It works via IE7 perfectly.
    Thanks again!

Darek.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:16 PM

All replies

• Could you A) try Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, and if you're using IE already then B) make sure that your computers are running versions of Windows that support Remote Desktop access. That would be 32 bit XP Professional and MCE 2005, and 32 or 64 bit Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate. 
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:48 PM
  • Hi,
    the Home Server console is unaccessible via Remote Access website, if a firewall on the way or your ISP blocks port 4125 for your Internet connection.
    If the entire computer tab is missing, you need to use Internet Explorer or FireFox with an Add-In, which supports ActivX controls.
    If the clients are not accessible: You need to have Remote Desktop activated in their system properties and they must be Windows versions, which support Remote Desktop.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:11 PM
  • Thank You! You gave me an idea ... I noticed that I was trying to connect using IE8 beta. It works via IE7 perfectly.
    Thanks again!

Darek.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:16 PM
  • ... I noticed that I was trying to connect using IE8 beta. ...
    You should upgrade to the released version of Internet Explorer 8...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:45 PM