Home Server Demo RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was on the home server page and downloaded the "Launch Demo" button and ran it. The screen came up with a user called belinder and an invite to type password. On the Home Server page it informs one to use the password pass@word1 which I duly enter. I get told wrong user name or password. I log into as administrator and try the password again. Same result. I have bought the Home Server software already but want to test drive using the interactive demo and get to know more before I install. Any ideas guys? I am in the UK.

Many Thanks,

David

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:57 PM

All replies

• On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:57:33 +0000, MysticMaster wrote:

I was on the home server page and downloaded the "Launch Demo" button and ran it. The screen came up with a user called belinder and an invite to type password. On the Home Server page it informs one to use the password/pass@word1 <mailto:pass@word1>/ which I duly enter. I get told wrong user name or password. I log into as administrator and try the password again. Same result. I have bought the Home Server software already but want to test drive using the interactive demo and get to know more before I install. Any ideas guys? I am in the UK.

The problem is that you're using the UK keyboard layout on your computer
    but the virtual machine in the demo is using the US keyboard layout and
    you're having trouble with the "@" sysmbol in the password.

I think there's some way to work around this with the AltGR key but it has
    been a long time since I've seen this issue. This used to be a problem with
    all Microsoft Learning courses when they first started to use virtual
    machines.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.  -- Leonard Brandwein

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Thanks Paul, I kind of guessed that but wish I knew how to get over it. The @ key in UK is normally the " key on US and vice versa. For some reason I cannot get it to work. Anyone got any ideas?

Many Thanks,

David

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Well I finally got into the demo but nowhere did it show the launch pad. I logged into the demo as administrator and completed all the tasks up until Remote Web Access. This can only be launched from the LaunchPad which never came up. Any ideas or is this a bug?

Many Thanks,

David

Monday, January 30, 2012 10:24 AM