windows live care backup RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I try to Wndows Live Care backup it does not recognize my e drive to backup on. How can I correct this?

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 1:20 AM

All replies

• What is your e: drive? OneCare can backup to CD/DVD, external USB and firewire drives,network shares, and a multitude of flash memory devices. It will *not* backup to another internal drive, nor will is currently backup to most eSATA drives as these appear as internal drives to OneCare.

What version of OneCare are you running? The 2.0 beta or 1.6 released version?

-steve

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:20 PM
  • I also would like an answer. I just purchased a Maxtor 300 GB external drive. I have it plugged in to a USB 2.0 port and One Care will not recognize it. It keeps saying device H:. The USB port is device K. I even have it set to K. It won't recognize it. Darn.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:02 PM
  •  El-mike-o wrote:
    I also would like an answer. I just purchased a Maxtor 300 GB external drive. I have it plugged in to a USB 2.0 port and One Care will not recognize it. It keeps saying device H:. The USB port is device K. I even have it set to K. It won't recognize it. Darn.

I replied (with questions) to your post on this subject here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2729786&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:15 PM