Shared folders 'not accessible' even tho logged onto the WHS box as ADMINISTRATOR RRS feed

• Question

• Hummm..  Just put together a new WHS box and for some reason when (right on the server's own desktop) I open the "shared folders on server" link I do see the default shares but I cannot access ANY of therm!

Error message:
    \\[server]\[share] is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the administrator to find out if you have access permissions.

Remember, I am ON THE SERVER and logged in as admin!  I went to another WHS here and on that box I do not have this same problem.

Any ideas?
    Thx!

Thursday, December 2, 2010 3:19 AM

Answers

• Issue FIXED!  I opened the CONSOLE and, under SHARES, set DUPLICATION=ON for all shares.  Now I have access! Odd? Maybe but I cannot argue w/ success!
    • Marked as answer by tech lab Friday, December 3, 2010 6:06 AM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:58 PM

All replies

• Have you completed the "Out Of Box Experience" portion of setup? If so, have you done anything at the server desktop, outside of the console? Security changes, additional software, etc.?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 2:02 PM
  • I do not know what the "Out Of Box Experience"is!  I did verify I could access all shares before going on-line and allowing all updates. No addt'l software or changes. (Aside from the updates all I did was add a 2nd 2T drive and add it to the storage pool.)
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 4:43 PM
  • Issue FIXED!  I opened the CONSOLE and, under SHARES, set DUPLICATION=ON for all shares.  Now I have access! Odd? Maybe but I cannot argue w/ success!
    • Marked as answer by tech lab Friday, December 3, 2010 6:06 AM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:58 PM