locked
On premise fetchxml SSRS report works in VS (BIDS) but not in CRM RRS feed

  • Question

  • CRM 2013.  I was fine when authorization did not have to go through adfs from Visual Studio.  Then I couldn't hit production CRM until I discovered that I could add the home realm url to the connection string (amazed that the connection string doesn't get ignored like it does with SQL!)  However, once I got it up to CRM I get the rsProcessingAborted...Invalid Argument error.

    What could be different that CRM cannot run the report.  PS- other SSRS/SQL reports work.

    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:09 PM

All replies

  • Have you changed any property of textbox or tablix? 

    Regards, Saad

    Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:15 AM
  • What is the current format of your connection string?

    What is the actual error message that you are receiving?  Have you checked the SSRS logs for the full version of the error message?

    Do Report Wizard reports execute correctly?  When in doubt you can download the RDL file from a report wizard report as a firm example of how to construct the basic elements of a FetchXML report.

    Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:09 PM
  • Have you changed any property of textbox or tablix? 

    Regards, Saad

    Nothing outside of VS.  Aligned left, formatted N3 and d (date).  It's just a data dump and aside from relabeling the columns I just ran it through the wizard.  I did add the prefiltering attributes.  Added and deleted some columns post-wizard.

    Alas, I don't have access to server and cannot get deeper error messages without petitioning others.

    Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:57 PM
  • What is the current format of your connection string?

    What is the actual error message that you are receiving?  Have you checked the SSRS logs for the full version of the error message?

    Do Report Wizard reports execute correctly?  When in doubt you can download the RDL file from a report wizard report as a firm example of how to construct the basic elements of a FetchXML report.

    https:\\<url/orgname>;<orgname>;<homeRealmURI>  Unique orgname and orgname are the same.  Again, the query runs from Visual Studio both in the query builder and the preview using this plus credentials.

    I also changed the auto-generated parameters representing the pre-filtering to internal.

    Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:04 PM
  • ...and to top it off, I ran a console app using the fetchXML in a retrievemultiple where it worked as expected.

    Again, I am surprised connection strings are required and not subbed in like they are for SQL reports.

    Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:08 PM