restore the organization database RRS feed

• Question

• Yes, straight restore.  Not a redeployment not a different system and I have a backup.  I'm testing things and when I want to roll back I try to restore the database.  First I shut down the IIS appool.  Yet every time I try it fails due to lack of exclusive control.  What other "users" are holding open an organization database?  Remember, this is a dev environment and no other human beings have access to it.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

I'd recommend shutdown down iis by stoping the actual service.  Also - you can always drop your database prior to restoring it.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Monday, June 7, 2010 4:42 PM
    Friday, June 4, 2010 10:28 PM
  • Also, Stop the AsyncService on the CRM Server, and the Email Router, those services are using CRM, so they are automatically restarting the AppPool.

Mercure Integration: Dedicated to Dynamics CRM Import & Integration Products
    Check out Mercure Nomad
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

I'd recommend shutdown down iis by stoping the actual service.  Also - you can always drop your database prior to restoring it.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, June 4, 2010 10:28 PM
  • Also, Stop the AsyncService on the CRM Server, and the Email Router, those services are using CRM, so they are automatically restarting the AppPool.

Mercure Integration: Dedicated to Dynamics CRM Import & Integration Products
    Check out Mercure Nomad
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:33 AM