multiple video directories questions RRS feed

• Question

• I was running all my video streaming off my vista p.c. and I liked the way it worked, when I used my xbox I went straight to the video tab >I'm not using media center extender on the 360< and I'd see 2 directories Recorded T.V. and Videos, which is the 2 directories I'd use, and I would manually put the files I wanted streamed in each directory I was not recording directly to the box.>I think its because of media player 11 it works this way< 

I recently setup a WHS and while video streaming works great I cannot for the life of me find out if its possible to make it work the same way >when I click on my WHS in the video tab I only see the Video directory. I created a share but there doesnt appear to be a setting to make it stream that directory.

Does anyone know if this is even possible?
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:08 AM

All replies

• Regelos said:

I was running all my video streaming off my vista p.c. and I liked the way it worked, when I used my xbox I went straight to the video tab >I'm not using media center extender on the 360< and I'd see 2 directories Recorded T.V. and Videos, which is the 2 directories I'd use, and I would manually put the files I wanted streamed in each directory I was not recording directly to the box.>I think its because of media player 11 it works this way< 

I recently setup a WHS and while video streaming works great I cannot for the life of me find out if its possible to make it work the same way >when I click on my WHS in the video tab I only see the Video directory. I created a share but there doesnt appear to be a setting to make it stream that directory.

Does anyone know if this is even possible?

No, it's not.  There are 3 streamable shares built into WHS:  Music, Photos, and Videos.   (However, what you could do is move your Recorded TV shows to a subfolder of Videos.)
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:35 AM