none
This Copy of Windows in not genuine. Vista Home Premium w/ Compaq Presario F700

Question

• In the lower right hand corner of my desktop it now displays...

Windows Vista (TM)

Build 6002

This copy of windows is not genuine

Its been like this for a couple of weeks now.  I don't know what changed all the sudden for that to appear but I would like to know what options I have to get rid of it.  I recently backed up all my files to an external source, could i just reset the whole computer or even just upgrade my OS?  Thanks?

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, July 11, 2011 10:16 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Activation)
    Monday, July 11, 2011 7:03 PM

Answers

• "Dschlepp21" wrote in message news:a4f213ca-5e8c-4d6d-8f0c-dd2b9793f32a...

In the lower right hand corner of my desktop it now displays...

Windows Vista (TM)

Build 6002

Its been like this for a couple of weeks now.  I don't know what changed all the sudden for that to appear but I would like to know what options I have to get rid of it.  I recently backed up all my files to an external source, could i just reset the whole computer or even just upgrade my OS?  Thanks?

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
     - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, July 11, 2011 8:54 PM
  • "Baljeet Kahlon" wrote in message news:5b6832a4-b838-49e1-91df-d157cb8175dc...

Hi,

I got Windows Vista Home Edition on HP Laptop. Whenever I open Microsoft Excel, I get the message "This copy of Microsoft Office is not genuine".

Regards,

Baljeet Kahlon

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:10 AM

All replies

• "Dschlepp21" wrote in message news:a4f213ca-5e8c-4d6d-8f0c-dd2b9793f32a...

In the lower right hand corner of my desktop it now displays...

Windows Vista (TM)

Build 6002

--

Monday, July 11, 2011 8:54 PM
  • Hi,

I got Windows Vista Home Edition on HP Laptop. Whenever I open Microsoft Excel, I get the message "This copy of Microsoft Office is not genuine".

Regards,

Baljeet Kahlon

Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:25 AM
  • "Baljeet Kahlon" wrote in message news:5b6832a4-b838-49e1-91df-d157cb8175dc...

Hi,

Regards,

Baljeet Kahlon

--

Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:10 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, July 18, 2011 9:19 PM