none
MY PROFILE RRS feed

• General discussion

• HI

How can i see that 'How many questions have answered' in new designed My profile.
    is this still designing or is there any way to find out it.

Best regards
    Nikhil
    • Changed type taylorparsons Saturday, February 20, 2010 4:38 AM this is a question
    • Changed type Nikhil Deshpande Monday, February 22, 2010 2:18 PM
    • Moved by Whosane002 Monday, February 22, 2010 8:15 PM (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:59 AM

All replies

• Go to "Browse Forums Users" and enter your name in the box. You can save a link to the resulting page:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/browseusers?userName=Nikhil Deshpande

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 3:18 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback,

Nikhil

Saturday, February 20, 2010 3:36 AM
  • I would suggest that MSFT create a link under the "My Forum Links" for each individuals to see their own.

Monday, February 22, 2010 2:09 PM
  • An alternative to Dave's method (which is a good one) is to see it with the Forum filter on your profile. This might change in the future, but currently you (and anyone) can still see it right on your profile:

1. Click any profile's name from a Forum (example: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/nikhil%20deshpande/?type=forum).

- If you clicked the name from a Forum, then the profile will automatically be filtered by the Forum category (such as the example above).

- As you can see from the example link above, Nikhil has 112 answers, as stated on the upper right (this is the same way that the profile used to show it).

2. If you click a profile name from anywhere else (including searching for it), then you end up with the All filter active (example: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/nikhil%20deshpande/?type=all).

- As you can see from this second example, you don't get the Forum points on the top right, and you can't see the answers.

- Instead of the forum medal system, you get the recognition points and achievements listed out (which only currently apply to Gallery and Profile, so they're not very common to be filled out yet).

- Eventually the Forum points will be reflected here as well. I imagine they'll stop showing how many answers you've completed on the profile page, and then Dave's solution will be the only one that works. But until then, this solution seems faster and easier.

3. To switch from the All filter (which shows Recognition Points and Achievements) to the Forum filter (which shows Forum medals, points, posts, and answers), just click Forums from the drop-down filter menu on the left side under "Recent Activity."

Thanks to Dave for also posting the search and find solution.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Technical Writer (Blog, Twitter)
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:32 PM
    Owner
  • I can see my total number of answers, but how can I see (and filter) my answers for just particular forum?
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:10 PM