2 Printers 6 Entries What a Mess RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Finally got My printers all shared up problem was the second computer showed 3 Hps and 3 Epsons because Windows Sharing on too then an auto and manual Network devices of each printer showed up all I did was un share windows sharing for now that got me to 4 enties not sure what to do with the Auto & Manual entries.

I cleaned up the 6 Printer entries to just one

Setup sharing printer Initial setup Suggestion: Maybe Making the WLOC the default sharing which would disable windows print & file sharing

Friday, July 27, 2007 12:53 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the suggestion. We are considering disabling the auto sharing feature of Windows since we have printer sharing in OneCare now.

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:46 AM
  • Another Side FX to this is I was printing 1 Item and it printed twice once by the Windows Sharing and the same print request went to one care sharing so the same print document showed up twice in the print que in windows  

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:28 PM
  •  Mikro wrote:

Another Side FX to this is I was printing 1 Item and it printed twice once by the Windows Sharing and the same print request went to one care sharing so the same print document showed up twice in the print que in windows  

Sounds like another bug, Mikro.

:-)

-steve

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:08 PM