adding notes and activities after the entity has been created RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to add the notes tab and the activity fucntionality to a custom entity after it has been created.  I had to bring 3 different companies together, and this was an entity from one company that upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0.  The rest of the system was a new install, but then imported this custom entity.  I know need to get the activity and not fucntionality created into a custom entity. Even if it is an unsupported  customization, I would still appeciate any ideas or imput from the group.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:45 PM

Answers

• A supported method for consideration is to create a new Entity with a similar name, select notes and activities and then migrate the date from the existing entity to the new entity.  This might require some more 'upfront' work but you will end up with a supported solution.  You can consider using Scribe software for the migration effort as that will make it easier to restore related record relationships.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, November 6, 2009 4:44 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:54 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, all you'll find are unsupported methods of achieving this.  This will be about as close to supported as you'll get:

http://dmcrm.blogspot.com/2008/01/adding-notes-or-activities-to-existing.html
    Dave Berry
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:05 PM
  • I have actaully already tried that site, and that code, and unfortunately, it is still missing a one to many relationship for annotations.

Failure: JHTNA_CaseProduct_Annotations: The entity relationship role of the referencing entity is required when creating a new one-to-many entity relationship JHTNA_CaseProduct_Annotations.

How do I get that created. 

I understand that this would be an unsupported customization, but still would like to see how it is done.  Any other help you can provide would be great.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:52 PM
  • A supported method for consideration is to create a new Entity with a similar name, select notes and activities and then migrate the date from the existing entity to the new entity.  This might require some more 'upfront' work but you will end up with a supported solution.  You can consider using Scribe software for the migration effort as that will make it easier to restore related record relationships.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, November 6, 2009 4:44 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:54 PM