Single Server Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there

This is a beginner question; I'm a developer and I made a web voice workflow application; I have tested in my developmnet machine and it's fine; now I'm triying to deploy it for testing purposes on a single server topology; I actually have a server for using as the speech & IIS host,I have a legacy PBX and I have a phone (a normal one, no IP).

My question is: what I´m needing is the TIM?, what´re actually in the market?; Is its main function connecting the server (hosting MOCS 2007 & IIS) and the PBX?; After getting the TIM, I'll be able to use my App via telephony clients?

And my second question is: after having last step, what do I do for deploy it for VoIP clients?; I think that I'll need a VoIP gateway which one connects to TIM (or directly the machine hosting MOCS 2007 & IIS)

Many thanks

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:42 PM

Answers

•  

Some MSS TIM partners can be found here - http://www.microsoft.com/speech/Partners/tim.mspx.

You will need the TIM connector, available where you downloaded the MSS beta,  to interface between the TIM and MSS 2007.

Correct, the TIM connects your telephone system to MSS.

If your VoIP clients are located on your network and do SIP via TCP, you don't need anything other than what you downloaded. You simply add the clients as trusted SIP peers to MSS and you're good to go.

Note that you can have either a TIM or VoIP as peers to the MSS server, you cannot have both enabled at the same time.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:02 PM