Add Security Roles of a Child Business unit to a Solution? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone;

Is there a way that I can add a security that is defined at a child BU level to a Solution for the purpose of exporting to another environment.   What I would like to accomplish is to simplify the export/import of Roll Based Forms.

Here is the Scenario:

I have a Roll based form that uses Security Roles defined at a Child BU level. When I move that form (via Solution) I cannot move the Security Role with it. So

I would have to:

1. Load the Solution containing the new Form into the new Environment

2. Manually Add in the new Security Role

3. Update the New Form in the Environment with the right Security Roles and Publish.

If we could add the security roles at the child BU level it would make this process easier.

I know that if I define the Security Roles at the Root BU level I could add then in to a Solution.  Just want to see if there are other options.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks Everyone.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:48 PM

Answers

• You cannot add a security role for a child business unit to your solution.  Similarly, business units cannot be added to a solution and transported.  Currently, with CRM there wouldn't be anyway to link the child business unit security role with a business unit in the target organization. 

If you create the security role in the root business unit you can add it to your solution and transport as necessary.

-Brandon

• Proposed as answer by wikky2007 Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by tmercer Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:41 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:39 PM